Ayr v Raith

5 minutes ago, JAR said:

An awful game, the goals gave it a slight lift. Can't understand why Rovers played the same skyball as Ayr. Keep it on the deck & see who can play the better football. We seem to be regressing but great  to see Lewis back.

Presumably the flight of the ball is more predictable than the bounce on that pitch.

That final free kick for Ayr just sums up the quality of that game. Ayr can f**k off like, literally every game v them is horrific, and I’m sure they feel the same about us.

At least we managed a goal.
Definitely preferred our League 1/Division 2 ding dongs

20 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

We've got the Albion on Tuesday night. Use it as a free hit. Stick all four forwards on from the start and see who can make an impact... 

Not enought...go hog wild, switch to a 3-3-4

Thomson

Tumilty/Bene/Musonda

Tait/King/Arnott

Armstong/Smith/Mahady/Coulson

Stupid, probably...not enough rest for the back line, certainly, but what other choices are there?

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:
That final free kick for Ayr just sums up the quality of that game. Ayr can f**k off like, literally every game v them is horrific, and I’m sure they feel the same about us.

At least we managed a goal.

Definitely preferred our League 1/Division 2 ding dongs

Most of those games weren't great from a quality point of view, but at least stuff happened.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Thomson

Tumilty/Bene/Musonda

Tait/King/Arnott

Stupid, probably...not enough rest for the back line, certainly, but what other choices are there?

Your obsession with resting players is bordering on weird.

Thomson
Tumilty/Bene/Musonda
Tait/King/Arnott

When it comes to the Stirling game I'm all for giving some of the fringe players and youngsters a run now. Using untested players at a point in the season we need points, I think not.

Echo what's been said already Vaughan looked good today and should be a starter on Saturday. Him playing so close behind Duku today actually made his flick ons look decent and most of his set piece deliveries were good.

17 minutes ago, renton said:

Your obsession with resting players is bordering on weird.

KMac was limping, playing him with Davo already out next Saturday is stupid if you have an option.

Otherwise, we're playing twice a week pretty steadily now, why not rest'em?

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

KMac was limping, playing him with Davo already out next Saturday is stupid if you have an option.

Otherwise, we're playing twice a week pretty steadily now, why not rest'em?

Players need game time. A team needs fluency which can only come from playing together and learning each other's rhythms.

If we're going to knock the ball long to get up the pitch and then let Smith and McCowan play from there fair enough. 

The long pass however can't be at a height where all McKenzie or whoever else is upfront, can do is to flick it on. 

Wright needs to get back as soon as possible to give us a natural presence and focal point, but as I say it matters little when the pass is too high or overhit the majority of the time. 

It wasn't great viewing but as I said a few weeks back, it's about grinding out results and seeing where it takes us.

The league is so tight at the moment we can legitimately be looking in both directions with equal fear and excitement. Ndaba again strolling through the game. 

38 minutes ago, renton said:

Players need game time. A team needs fluency which can only come from playing together and learning each other's rhythms.

Which is exactly why more players should get game time. Your own argument suggests that we should be getting non-starters more playing time to allow them to build experience when we have an injury or suspension. They need time, not a whole 90 minutes every start, just time to learn each other in game and the staff need to see more players in games.

I bought my first stream of 2021 after the optimism of Tue. Wish I hadn't tbh. We've been truly woeful on the whole at Somerset. 

The ref was a joke. He gave Raith everything they shouted for. Nothing against Raith for doing that but the ref needs to be more streetwise if he wants to cut it in the big leagues