Ayr v Raith

I’m not joking when I say Colin Steven is the worst referee ever. Just looks like a wee guy who was bullied in school and let’s all his built up anger out in whilst refereeing.

When we got horsed 5-0 down at Palmerston a few years back I was more annoyed at him than I was at the goals we were losing. Similarly when we played Beith in the Scottish Cup he was quite happy to let them run about and try and kick us off the park but when the likes of Andy Geggan or Stevie Bell put a hard tackle in he saw them as fouls. Can’t actually think of any other games we’ve played where we’ve won and he’s been the ref.

20 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Surely we can't get another Colin Steven, or are there others in the SFA's refereeing dregs?

Scheduled to be David Dickinson. From my notes on the other channel, he’s another “up and comer”, so heaven help us both!

“Something newish here, with Mr. Dickinson having called just two games before, both with Airdrie. 2-0-0 overall....1-0-0 in both. 

A jack of all leagues this year, slowly getting Championship exposure, and even one Premeirship match. 3.3 yellows a match, no reds or second yellows, and about 33% shot of a penalty.”

Edited by TxRover

19 hours ago, TxRover said:

Scheduled to be David Dickinson. From my notes on the other channel, he’s another “up and comer”, so heaven help us both!

“Something newish here, with Mr. Dickenson having called just two games before, both with Airdrie. 2-0-0 overall....1-0-0 in both. 

A jack of all leagues this year, slowly getting Championship exposure, and even one Premeirship match. 3.3 yellows a match, no reds or second yellows, and about 33% shot of a penalty.”

He's done well progressing his career since Bargain Hunt.

The results the other night just show form and league position account for nothing in this league so really it's just a coin toss to what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully it's at least more entertaining than the dross they've served up in the previous encounters this season

Sinisalo 

Houston Baird Ndaba Reading

Murdoch Muirhead Miller

McCowan McKenzie Smith 

Subs: Urminsky, Roscoe, Chalmers, Barjonas, Moffat, Walsh, Zanatta 

Think today we’ll see Murdoch in for Chalmers as the only change. Back 5 picks itself and I reckon Hopkin won’t change the front 3. Murdoch will bring a bit more bite to the midfield today. Fancy us today, seem to have a bit more about us since Kerr left and I’m no starting to trust them more. 2-0, McCowan and McKenzie. 

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The third of which will be a penalty from a Zanatta dive. 

Come to think of it, I don’t think we’ve been awarded a penalty all season. Possibly the league cup but certsinly not the league I don’t think. Went through a stage of giving them away. 

ETA: Were awarded one and converted it against Alloa in a 4-1 win at Somerset. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Don’t forget to purchase your 50/50 half time draw ticket 

If you are a season ticket holder , sign in on your total tickets account  then click on 50/50 draw and all your personal details are pre populated , j

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Only 2 changes I’d make would be Murdoch for Miller and Walsh for chalmers. Raith are there to be got at. We have a goal threat with smith Mckenzie and Mccowan going forward and they look like they are starting to really click 

Walsh didn't really do much against Raith last week....but Chalmers did less playing out wide. Chalmers looks like he is being used as a sitting wide player to allow Reading to get forward and if Walsh plays, Reading will be more defensive. I think we'll see both today but I think we will start with Chalmers.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Walsh didn't really do much against Raith last week....but Chalmers did less playing out wide. Chalmers looks like he is being used as a sitting wide player to allow Reading to get forward and if Walsh plays, Reading will be more defensive. I think we'll see both today but I think we will start with Chalmers.

He also made the mistake for the goal at Dundee so that’s why I think hopkin will change him out

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t forget to purchase your 50/50 half time draw ticket 

If you are a season ticket holder , sign in on your total tickets account  then click on 50/50 draw and all your personal details are pre populated , j

Glad I read this, I couldn't fathom how to do it from the website. Managed it on the total tickets account though.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye Chalmers has got the best out of Reading so far in the pairings.  

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He also made the mistake for the goal at Dundee so that’s why I think hopkin will change him out

Yeah, that fact seems to have gotten lost as it was a consolation for Dundee. I'd also swap him out but not sure what Hopkin will do, I would never have predicted Tuesday's team and it worked a treat. I'm actually looking forward to this game which must be a bad omen.