Ayr v Raith

This could be a good game. We have been very evenly matched on the two occasions that we have met this season, the main difference for us in this game is that we have Mckenzie who has now scored and has given us a focal point something we have not had all season. 

I’d make one change and bring Walsh in for chalmers. He didn’t do badly but I think we need Walsh’s ability to break down raith 

Raith seem to have dipped a little recently so I think they may be there for the taking 

Raith look to be very much Ayr United 2018/19 as I suspected, boaby midweek and after early promise just ticking on to the end of the season with every game unpredictable in how they will turn up. 

Seriously though, we need a striker to have a good game sometime soon. Ugwu was absolutely woeful last night, Duku looks like he can’t be arsed, Abraham can’t even get on the pitch, Gullan seems to have put on about a stone of muscle but has been very inconsistent since coming back on loan and Vaughan, whilst looking good last night off the bench, hasn’t played for months and can’t be expected to play 90 minutes. We play football the way I’d like us to; we keep the ball and pass it well but that goal scoring ability from earlier in the season has all but evaporated and we are now without a goal in 3.

I’d like to see us go back to the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond shape again, as the 1 up front isn’t working.

Our success has been based largely on our wingers and goalkeeper overperforming this season.  Armstrong had to be replaced last night, and has been poor of late.  Kennedy is being marked out of the game, and last night Mcdonald had an absolute howler.

There isn't enough in the squad to compensate these - and we have an complete inability to grind victories out.  Its all or nothing with this squad, and at the moment it's looking like the latter.

I can see Hopkin keeping it as it was personal wise but asking Miller to do what Chalmers did last night only on Kai Kennedy this time. Smith supported Houston really well in regards to Marshall but you don’t want to be asking him to do an actual man marking job on a player.

Didn't think there was a whole lot between the teams last time, Raith maybe a little bit stronger in that game as we setup to take pressure. 
Since Kerr left we've looked a different side with a bit of confidence about us, Hopkin has clearly started to get his stamp onto things now as last night showed which is no mean feat in the space of 5 days. Would expect to see us again look a little bit more confident with the routing of Dundee.

The Chalmers debate is an odd one, last night was probably his best performance in an Ayr top. Could it be a confidence issue that has plagued him to date or just being utterly confused as to what he was being asked to do? 

Absolutely think we can win this, but wouldn't be gutted with a draw as every point is a prisoner just now. 
Assuming Davo is banned for this one after his red last night? 

13 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

The Chalmers debate is an odd one, last night was probably his best performance in an Ayr top. Could it be a confidence issue that has plagued him to date or just being utterly confused as to what he was being asked to do? 

Agreed it was his best performance but it was he who was at fault for Dundee's goal by dithering on the edge of the box. He looked done by then and probably should have been subbed before that....except we'd used our quota by then. 

We looked like a very well drilled, very well organised side with a perfect tactical game plan for the opposition in front of us - got to be a massive round of applause for the manager in that respect.

As far as every game between now and the end of the season - just don’t lose!

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Drewn at half time? 

Yes, it's our half time feature.  One fan takes on pandemonium to see who can draw 50 tickets quickest. 

Will Wright be fit for Raith or even Elgin ? Expect if fit  Wright , Zanatta , Walsh and Moffat will be starters at Elgin . Which would probably mean for Raith we may go unchanged . Barring the Murdoch , Miller , Chalmers conundrum .