Elite Professional Sport ???

We are all aware of the term ‘Elite Professional Sports’

Is it really applicable to levels 7/6/5/4,,,,,,, or higher?

I’m struggling to accept that it does, however I admit that the word elite is probably clouding my thoughts. 
When Elite is removed from the statement we simply have - Professional Sport! Does this term then apply to EoS/WoS/LL/HL/SSL etc?

what happens when Amateur Teams are involved - the word professional is against their founding principle.  Recent  applications to EoS May include amateur teams - we will soon find out. However, Queens Park - Hmmmm!!!

I’d appreciate if anyone could give an explanation. 

Edited by Malty Guy
Oops spell check

6 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

I’m struggling to accept that it does, however I admit that the word elite is probably clouding my thoughts. 
When Elite is removed from the statement we simply have - Professional Sport! Does this term then apply to EoS/WoS/LL/HL/SSL etc?

what happens when Amateur Teams are involved - the word professional is against their founding principle.  Recent  applications to EoS May include amateur teams - we will soon find out. However, Queens Park - Hmmmm!!!

Queens park arent amateur anymore

Look at their squad 

8 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

You remind me of someone, I can't quite place it.............

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

You remind me of someone, I can't quite place it.............

No sure if that’s a compliment or an a challenge. I’m taking it positively😉.

Trust me - I don’t think that we’ve ever chatted before - I’m brand new to P&B.

Actually, I’m finding it interesting and wide ranging on a lot of things.

I’m just a wee bit unsure on how to use it just now.

No sure if that’s a compliment or an a challenge. I’m taking it positively[emoji6].
Trust me - I don’t think that we’ve ever chatted before - I’m brand new to P&B.
Actually, I’m finding it interesting and wide ranging on a lot of things.
I’m just a wee bit unsure on how to use it just now.
[emoji23]

17 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

Very briefly:

The term elite is irrelevant.  All full time and part time players in the Senior pyramid  sign 'professional' registration forms.  As such, all teams in the pyramid were given dispensation to train and play between October 2020 and January 2021, which was called professional exemption by the SFA.  Amateur players in the pyramid are treated the same way.  That was revoked by the SFA in the middle of January (possibly with help from the Scottish Government).  Leagues One and Two have now been given special dispensation to train and play with weekly PCR testing in place.  Finally, there is no special classification for tiers 5-7 at the moment.  

Edited by Saints1921