The All-New Polis Discussion Thread

Straw Poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Cops tried to get me done with police assault once. 

My lawyer laughed at their version of events and told me the cops are serial liars in these instances. 
they never bothered their arse showing up to court for the first 3 dates and the day before the 4th decided to drop the charge for some reason.

That's unbelievable amount of stress and money to put you through though. Don't feel any pressure to reply but do you get compensation for being wrongly accused of such a serious crime, if not that's bang out

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

A lot of folk here saying their experiences with the police have been ok - how many of us aren't white British adult males with accents like most polis?

My personal interactions as an adult with the police carrying out their jobs have been fine except for one time. That doesn't mean I have confidence that they wouldn't watch a couple of their mates kill a black guy and then join in the cover up. 

That's quite a jump from most of your interactions were fine to accusing a whole profession of being murdering racists given half a chance. 

My best mate when I was younger, his dad was extremely high up in the traffic polis. 

I can count about 6 separate times that dropping his dad's name got him off with various misdemeanours. 

Caught with a half q and driving the wrong way up a one way street being the most memorable. 

We made him a monopoly board for his 30th, all the place names different places from his life etc. We went as far as to make community chest and chance cards, and instead of get out of jail free cards, we made "you might know my father" cards. 

All very amusing and seemingly pretty harmless, until the night we were driving back from a gig in Glasgow, my mate was driving, and coming down off the m74 onto the dual between Hamilton and motherwell he pulled right out without checking his mirrors. Some poor c**t behind us did his best with the brakes but couldn't help smashing into the back of us. 

Mate phoned his da who was first on the scene. Ultimately, the boy that hit us got 100% of the blame, not sure if he got charged, but my mate was able claim it on his insurance no questions asked. None of us in the car were even spoken to by the police. 100% my mate's fault. 100% his da made sure the other boy got the blame. 

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That's quite a jump from most of your interactions were fine to accusing a whole profession of being murdering racists given half a chance. 

It might be if I had, but I didn't so it's not.

Besides, there's no inconsistency. I'm white so I would likely never witness racism from the police. Obviously doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, so we shouldn't use our own experiences to say the police are fine, because obviously they would usually be fine to most of us on here.

Edited by GordonS

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I honestly don’t think you would get that much of a powerful feeling of superiority in the polis based on the contempt so many of the general public have towards the force.

Have you heard of Glasgow Rangers?

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

A lot of folk here saying their experiences with the police have been ok - how many of us aren't white British adult males with accents like most polis?

My personal interactions as an adult with the police carrying out their jobs have been fine except for one time. That doesn't mean I have confidence that they wouldn't watch a couple of their mates kill a black guy and then join in the cover up. 

AA14C360-259D-44CE-8DE6-BBF5468CB7E2.png.05ea5ebf4a2578135e228819ccb63003.png 

27 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

AA14C360-259D-44CE-8DE6-BBF5468CB7E2.png.05ea5ebf4a2578135e228819ccb63003.png 

Your disapproval is entirely expected. It's not so much your naiveté, it's your lack of logic and imagination. You're going to reject all the available evidence about Police Scotland being riddled with misogyny and racism because... what? Being a black woman you've never seen it? You want to believe the polis are the good guys so you choose to reject anything that contradicts it?

"Sheku Bayoh custody death officer 'hates black people'"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34529611

1 hour ago, 101 said:

That's unbelievable amount of stress and money to put you through though. Don't feel any pressure to reply but do you get compensation for being wrongly accused of such a serious crime, if not that's bang out

No. cost me £1600 in lawyer fees.

Just now, 101 said:

Ridiculous you can't get that back for something they made up.

How would you prove they made it up?

The police are almost unaccountable and they know it. The reason they're unaccountable is because the bootlickers hate politicians who hold them to account - some of those bootlickers are making themselves known on this thread.

Even after their own politicians are victims of police lies, they still persist with their bootlicking. Remember when police officers claimed that government chief whip Andrew Mitchell had abused them and called one of them a pleb at the gates of Downing Street, and it never happened? Thanks to CCTV footage one of those officers who lied about being an eyewitness was sentenced to 12 months in jail. Still doesn't stop them wanting to give the police any power they like. When Theresa May thinks the policing bill goes too far, you know a line has been crossed by a long, long way.

ELEq-YrWsAEUND_.jpeg

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

Surely if it was founded they would turn up in court to defend themselves? 

You're a incredibly naive how this sort of thing works. They would just say operational priorities wouldn't allow attendance, therefore charges dropped.

Time is a great healer. I was always in bother with them and I can't think of any I didn't deserve. I can think of more I did deserve. Fly wi' the craws and all that and no hard feelings.

I'm glad it's not me that breaks bad news and lifts body parts off the road etc.

They're  bit like goalkeepers, their fūck ups are monumental.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're a incredibly naive how this sort of thing works

I do on the other hand know how to tie a tie...

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Silence isn't evidence I'm afraid.

Still shit