The All-New Polis Discussion Thread

Straw Poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

It wasn’t a call handler though and that’s where the problem was. It was a police officer who was in on overtime.  A call handler is a specific role done by someone with a lot of training.  Police Scotland’s big problem is they think that if you put a police hat on someone they can do anything. The person taking the call didn’t know what they were doing.

Ah good point, I hadn't noticed that. I'm not surprised by that poor management. I don't know anything about it but I've wondered whether the problem wasn't so much centralisation as the people who ended up in charge. Stephen House was a twat and from what I've heard the culture under and around him was terrible.

5 hours ago, supermik said:

Irrespective of whether the report was logged or not, she chose to get in a car knowing that the driver had no licence or insurance. Would there be so much sympathy for them if the car had hit and killed a passerby?

You'll need a bigger boat for this one. Took me a good 5 minutes, until my Buddhist zen kicked in. c**t

16 hours ago, TheBruce said:

Corrupt to the core.

Badly led. Underfunded. Inefficient. Ineffective. Standards well dropped. Politicised to f**k. Stacked with lazy jobsworths. Seeing one on the street is as rare as hens teeth.

Murders, rape, assaults, robbery, child prostitution, paedophile rings, human trafficking, drug dealing, all business as usual.

A waste of public money for all the use they are.

But apart from that...

Irrespective of whether the report was logged or not, she chose to get in a car knowing that the driver had no licence or insurance. Would there be so much sympathy for them if the car had hit and killed a passerby?

What a diseased and meagre little soul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HibsFan changed the title to The All-New Polis Discussion Thread

Giving this a bump in light of today's news about Sarah Everard's death, and the typically shameless response from Met Police.

This c**t in particular giving it the "he's not a true [insert football club name here] supporter!!!!" defence after a literal serving police officer is being sentenced for the false arrest, kidnap, rape, murder and immolation of a woman walking through London.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...