Cheltenham 2021

Busta Nut

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The first race is a £10 no lose for everyone. You don't need to do anything other than put a tenner on a horse in the supreme.

If it loses, you get your money paid back in.

Great ploy.  You get your £10 back with them knowing at least that tenner and more will be placed on later races.  Not having a go at Skybet, because each bookie will have their own ruse to keep you betting with them.

Thanks for that. Have passed the info on to my son.

ETA    Paddy Power giving a free £5 bet on the Supreme also.

Edited by hearthammer

Concertista done me out a really good win today. Done on the line. Still a good day but was close to an excellent day!

I don’t fancy anything overly strongly tomorrow. I’ll still have a punt since I’ve got the week off and will be on the Guinness.

13:20 - Bravemansgame (4/1)
13:55 - Monkfish (2/5). Will be watching this race and not punting. If pushed on an alternative to the favourite then I would possibly go with Sporting John without Monkfish (3/1).
14:30 - Janika (33/1) EW. Seems a really big price for this. Won’t be going massive on it.
15:05 - Chacun Pour Soi easy favourite but too short at 4/5. Put The Kettle On gets a Mare’s allowance of 7lbs but a Mare has never won this race (but I do like that horse!).
15:40 - Easyland strolls it
16:15 - Us And Them EW 14/1
16:50 - Three Stripe Life (15/2) EW.

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Concertista done me out a really good win today. Done on the line. Still a good day but was close to an excellent day!

I don’t fancy anything overly strongly tomorrow. I’ll still have a punt since I’ve got the week off and will be on the Guinness.

13:20 - Bravemansgame (4/1)
13:55 - Monkfish (2/5). Will be watching this race and not punting. If pushed on an alternative to the favourite then I would possibly go with Sporting John without Monkfish (3/1).
14:30 - Janika (33/1) EW. Seems a really big price for this. Won’t be going massive on it.
15:05 - Chacun Pour Soi easy favourite but too short at 4/5. Put The Kettle On gets a Mare’s allowance of 7lbs but a Mare has never won this race (but I do like that horse!).
15:40 - Easyland strolls it
16:15 - Us And Them EW 14/1
16:50 - Three Stripe Life (15/2) EW.

Think Concertista would have burst a ton of lines, plenty would have been on the muggy acca of Appreciate It, Shiskin, Honeysuckle and her (yep, I was one of them.  The mares race seems to love bursting those!).  Today was relatively OK for me but will take me a while to get over ditching Vintage Clouds for The Wolf.

Monkfish & Chacun could have a big impact on my chances of a profitable festival and Bravemansgame would be a definite bonus for some antepost multiples.  Based on what we've seen so far Monkfish should absolutely hose up, Chacun does have to answer the Cheltenham question so I'll have a play elsewhere for cover I'd imagine, likely PTKO or Nube Negra.  Still to look into the handicaps, X-Country & Bumper properly.

Skybet going money back all losers again in the first tomorrow..  I thought they'd revert to form and only do that for 2nd or 3rd but not going to complain.  

Think Concertista would have burst a ton of lines, plenty would have been on the muggy acca of Appreciate It, Shiskin, Honeysuckle and her (yep, I was one of them.  The mares race seems to love bursting those!).  Today was relatively OK for me but will take me a while to get over ditching Vintage Clouds for The Wolf.
Monkfish & Chacun could have a big impact on my chances of a profitable festival and Bravemansgame would be a definite bonus for some antepost multiples.  Based on what we've seen so far Monkfish should absolutely hose up, Chacun does have to answer the Cheltenham question so I'll have a play elsewhere for cover I'd imagine, likely PTKO or Nube Negra.  Still to look into the handicaps, X-Country & Bumper properly.
Skybet going money back all losers again in the first tomorrow..  I thought they'd revert to form and only do that for 2nd or 3rd but not going to complain.  

I said earlier that Concertista would Annie Power it, maybe the bookies wanted to make it less obvious this time.

I’d already lost cause of Aye Right but must be gutting.

If my cashout offer had been about 10% higher I'd have been tempted to just take it as it was off a freebet and would have been close to 50% of return as I had similar fears of another Annie incident .  Probably didn't help that I already had Roksana covered antepost who I thought was  her main danger.

Decided to add Dame de Compeigne as a late safety net given her Coral Cup win last year but ignored Black Tears who was 2nd in that same race.  Knew what was going to happen after the last hurdle was cleared.