Scotland v Austria

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

image.thumb.png.86f5576d2355d3635dbc4f71a6168e31.png

Aye it’s correct. 

Think that will be the squad that goes to the Euro's with Jack and Cooper coming in for Fleck and Hendry/Hanley. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Surprised of both Hendry and Hanley starting.  

Can't see that being team, it will be announced at 18.45

It’s on the UEFA app. Be surprised if they just guessed it.

Surprised he's chucked Hendry straight in but he's had a great season, has all the right attributes, and was outstanding as a kid.

Armstrong been playing really well so worth a start.

O'Donnell is the only concern for me but we knew that already. 

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!!

I really hope I'm wrong and will be happy to take pelters post-match, but my prediction is Jack Hendry to cost us this game.
It does seem rash, but Clarke's obviously watched him and sees him as the right fit. He's not just picking him because of his abroad league status [emoji6]

3 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Totally agree. RWB is the only position we're still a bit substandard, everywhere else we're pretty strong now with at least a couple of good options for every position.

I wouldn't describe our CB options as dross though, we have a pile all of similar quality all top 6 Championship standard which is decent. None outstanding but loads half decent.

At RWB we are waiting on Patterson and Ashby coming through but they're both a year or two away yet.

Hoping that Patterson boy for Rangers at RB turns out to be reasonable.

I find it hard to believe that 6 months in the Belgian league at 25 has suddenly turned Hendry into a player who is good enough to start for us, when previously he's looked miles off the level required, but Clarke has enough credit in the bank at the minute so i'll trust his judgement. 

Just now, Fratelli said:

I find it hard to believe that 6 months in the Belgian league at 25 has suddenly turned Hendry into a player who is good enough to start for us, when previously he's looked miles off the level required, but Clarke has enough credit in the bank at the minute so i'll trust his judgement. 

Realistically its been years since any of us have seen him so we're not fit to judge. And fans typically overstate how bad someone was cause that's what fans do. You saw the same with Hanley recently, when realistically he's the best CB we have.

Hendry had enormous potential as a kid and strolled our league, that's how he ended up at Celtic. He has great attributes, very tall, quite quick, quality footballer for a CB.

Now he's playing every week at a good level, got his confidence and sharpness back, its no surprise at all he's in. The manager has looked at him and liked what he saw so we're in no position to second guess that.