Frank Grimes

Scotland v Austria

16 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

What's with having one studio reporting on two games? Gave sky £33 for a month so I could watch these, at least expected them to be arsed about covering them. 

I’m with you on this. They make more than enough from us, and no doubt from folks in NI, to focus on each game individually.

Am I the only one thinking Scotland might struggle tonight?
Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this and have done for a couple of days now. Feeling like@thescarf just now

13 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Really strange line up for me. 

It would have been good if we could have played that defence in a friendly game first.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd guess that if McGinn and Armstrong both play it'd be with Armstrong in the role Fraser & Christie have played, up with Dykes or Adams. I think he'd replace Jack by bringing McLean or Fleck in - or move McTominay into midfield - before either having McGinn sit beside McGregor or have only McGregor sitting.

^^^talks utter shite

Very interested to see how a midfield of McTominay, Armstrong and McGinn works out. As others have said, that has the potential to be an absolutely chaotic clusterfuck or brilliant.

2 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this and have done for a couple of days now. Feeling like@thescarf just now

image.gif.c8c3667e3f64026845d58b4fcd824cef.gif

For me the only Q marks are Dykes over Adams and Christie over a blind paraplegic. Last few Celtic games he has been mince. Hopefully wearing the dark blue of Scotland will reinvigorate him. 

I have the fear tonight also. Mainly because Austria are a decent team. 

Just wish I was there  😤

Not sure about the back three but going forward I'm excited about that team. Some good bench options too.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Am I the only one thinking Scotland might struggle tonight?

No, the bookies and people who know about football are with you. Working in from our right our defenders are at Motherwell, a Belgian club nobody had heard of and Norwich, while up front we have a striker that's struggling to score goals for QPR and a second striker who's been in bad form with Celtic. Football gets pretty difficult if you can't score and you can't defend.

Our opponents are mostly solid Bundesliga players and while they're not really better than the standard of our midfield and left backs, they have quality across the team. 

We should lose this and anything above that will be fine. A win would be a genuinely excellent result. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Stuart Armstrong's hair looking absolutely tremendous in the warm up.

We're winning this.

Don't stop at the hair, he looks generally tremendous.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Credit to Sky tonight, they've really limited the number of advert breaks.

I must be watching a stream from Ireland, as I'm getting the same adverts as usual, but with lovely Irish voices narrating instead.  Breaks it up a wee bit.

Edited by forameus

That Scotland tracksuit top is a thing of beauty. But it’s £75. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Anthems are shite, but f**k me this is bad

The Austrian guy second from the end looked like he was in some sort of euphoric trance