Scotland v Austria

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

I find it hard to believe that 6 months in the Belgian league at 25 has suddenly turned Hendry into a player who is good enough to start for us, when previously he's looked miles off the level required, but Clarke has enough credit in the bank at the minute so i'll trust his judgement. 

but any player who plays in a foreign league is instantly banged on about on here.

England do the same. 

Bold team selection.

Surprised Christie kept his place given how poor he's been for Celtic but can hardly grudge him it given Scotland performances for the most part.

Great to see McGinn and McTominay in their strongest positions. Personally I think that's our strongest 6/8 partnership.

And good to see Armstrong in as well. I'm a fan of his and he's been very good fit Saints this season. One if their best players.

Don't know much about Henry, hopefully he does well. Hanley, I do know, and he worries me far more.

With Adams on the bench hopefully that means we won't need to see McBurnie. Still can believe someone paid 20 mil for him. [emoji1751]

2 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Hendry and Hanley will start I think and with Mcsauce moving to midfield, I wouldn't think Clarke wouldn't want to change too much in the one go, so Adams to take a place on the bench. Christie partnering Dykes upfront... are my predictions.

That’s correct, I am in fact Steve Clarke.

Realistically its been years since any of us have seen him so we're not fit to judge. And fans typically overstate how bad someone was cause that's what fans do. You saw the same with Hanley recently, when realistically he's the best CB we have.
Hendry had enormous potential as a kid and strolled our league, that's how he ended up at Celtic. He has great attributes, very tall, quite quick, quality footballer for a CB.
Now he's playing every week at a good level, got his confidence and sharpness back, its no surprise at all he's in. The manager has looked at him and liked what he saw so we're in no position to second guess that.
This, for me.
Hendry has always had the potential to be a class player. He was getting there in 2017/18, then tumbled into an abyss of loss of form and confidence. I've always suspected he'd be 'back'. Hope tonight marks the full turnaround for his career.

P.S. I'm also shiteing it that he'll f**k it up for us too [emoji38]

Frightening how a couple of pish performances for Celtic 2-3 years ago has  you as a confirmed haddy for life in the minds of some people.
It's not that we've confirmed he's a haddy - but we had a settled system and him and hanley have been dropped in, with mctominay moved into midfield.

That's a strange defence. Hopefully it works out.

It just doesn’t feel great to have a defence that’s not really played together against a strong Austria team who are decent.

Still, going to trust Clarke on this one, he’s earned it.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I predict we'll have less shots than the fingers on an alcoholic lathe operators right hand.

Ha, nearly lost 4 of mine as a hungover apprentice. So 6 shots it is then.

Edit... 1 it is then, just noticed it was for 1 hand.

Edited by johnnydun