Scotland v Austria

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Christie play that way then instead of Armstrong.

I think they should both play. Armstrong is a quality player who needs a run in the team to show his best. Both provide drive and ingenuity.

Guest bernardblack
59 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Most of the people "jerking off" over Hendry are Dundee fans, who likely view him as one of their own. I can understand wanting him to be a success as a way to validate supporting a poor football club but it really means they can't watch objectively.

The exception was @DavidMcG who I'd presume has a very sore head this morning after his frankly bizarre outburst.

Still a strange one for you to single him out so much?

Ive no affiliation to Celtic/Wigan/Dundee/Partick and I thought he was solid enough. 

Edited by bernardblack

51 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Still quite buzzing about the game last night. Slept like a bairn.

I know that, if we want to get to Qatar, we've essentially dropped two points, but it feels more like we've stopped them from taking the extra points from us. There was something about the way we clawed our way back from disaster that I really appreciated. The away game in Austria is going to be tough, but we haven't started campaigns well for quite a while, and if that's one of our poorer performances then it should be a memorable campaign.

A bizarre take.

That was a really poor result for us.  Yet again, we're on the back foot right from the outset of the campaign.  The fact that it might have been worse on the night doesn't change that.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A bizarre take.

That was a really poor result for us.  Yet again, we're on the back foot right from the outset of the campaign.  The fact that it might have been worse on the night doesn't change that.

Yes, but you have to bear in mind that I still take some pleasure from football, and retain some shred of optimism.

I don't think Austria are any better than Scotland.  They keep possession better, but seem quite fragile at holding onto leads.  I think it'll be a very close battle for 2nd with them with Denmark winning the group.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think Austria are any better than Scotland.  They keep possession better, but seem quite fragile at holding onto leads.  I think it'll be a very close battle for 2nd with them with Denmark winning the group.

I don’t see why we can’t beat Denmark, especially since Gilmour and Patterson are likely to be ready by then. 

9 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

But a play-off... through the NL

We threw that away by resting the first choice team in Slovakia, then losing in Israel.

Definitely took our eye off the ball by getting caught up in the euphoria of qualifying for the Euros

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We threw that away by resting the first choice team in Slovakia, then losing in Israel.

Definitely took our eye off the ball by getting caught up in the euphoria of qualifying for the Euros

Yes, there's truth in that.

They were very important games, but we accepted losing them too readily.  Already, they're looking potentially costly.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Both goals were mostly as a result of failing to press the ball and prevent the shot/cross from outside the box. Marshall should maybe do better with the first - but the shot is moving and dipping and his first priority is just to keep it out. I certainly wouldn’t blame Hendry for not being first to the ball - the striker is always favourite there.

It's how most of our goals against  happen. 

Because despite what people think our midfield is not actually as good as they think.  People will continue to blame our centre backs or right back because of club snobbery but it's amazing the fact that we don't seem to concede many despite a lot of time at least one if not 2 of our defenders are being asked by our midfield to track two players at once.  It's why teams with top quality midfielders manage to hit 3 or 4 without breaking a sweat against us.  

Putting the notorious penalty incident to one side, there wasnt much between the two teams. Austria had a tremendous work rate and their second goal was a fantastic header.  I expect Israel away to be a similar match up.  We can win in Israel but then again we might have won last night.  These teams really do define our true level. 

3 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Putting the notorious penalty incident to one side, there wasnt much between the two teams. Austria had a tremendous work rate and their second goal was a fantastic header.  I expect Israel away to be a similar match up.  We can win in Israel but then again we might have won last night.  These teams really do define our true level. 

Are you putting the notorious penalty incident to the same side as the ludicrously disallowed Austrian goal?

19 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

It's how most of our goals against  happen. 

Because despite what people think our midfield is not actually as good as they think.  People will continue to blame our centre backs or right back because of club snobbery but it's amazing the fact that we don't seem to concede many despite a lot of time at least one if not 2 of our defenders are being asked by our midfield to track two players at once.  

S##n#ss - esque