Scotland v Austria

24 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

On the BBC's team selector for the Austria game, I can't see Tierney or McKenna listed.
Have they withdrawn or something, or am I just being a technothicko?

I think the latter - they were both there when I tried it a moment ago 

In the least surprising news of the year Ryan Jack has pulled out. Almost as if its not a good idea to call up an injured player with zero games under his belt.

The best option to play there is McGinn, where he played yesterday. Which would free up space to call up either Gauld or Turnbull. 

In the least surprising news of the year Ryan Jack has pulled out. Almost as if its not a good idea to call up an injured player with zero games under his belt.
The best option to play there is McGinn, where he played yesterday. Which would free up space to call up either Gauld or Turnbull. 

I’d definitely had Turnbull in ahead of Jack, whose knees are made of chocolate. And not those lovely caramel-filled egg chocolates, I’m talking they easter eggs that look massive but are hollow as f**k inside.

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I’d definitely had Turnbull in ahead of Jack, whose knees are made of chocolate. And not those lovely caramel-filled egg chocolates, I’m talking they easter eggs that look massive but are hollow as f**k inside.

I think Lewis Ferguson probably isn't a million miles away from a call-up if we're short in that position.

Also think his time at Aberdeen shouldn't last much longer, if he wants to become a good player he needs to get to a good league. Maybe Rangers are interested in that case fine, if not he needs a move end of next season at the latest. 

29 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Gilmour is the natural replacement but I just can't see Clarke calling up someone with so little football recently. And its not like he's going to get much for the rest of the season.

I don't think he'll call anyone up and we'll just go with what we've got.

I agree, I doubt he'll call up anyone, but bringing in Gilmour is low risk whilst providing a huge benefit - being in the squad for Gilmour, and the management team getting to see him within the squad.

Would be extremely surprised if Rangers ever made a move for Lewis Ferguson.

Gilmour makes the most sense to call up. And Clarke probably should call him up, cos relying on three midfielders for two positions in a three-game week is a big ask.

I didn't see the interview myself but going by what was being said on social media at the time I think Clarke told Sky Sports after announcing the squad that Mctominay would likely be used in midfield if Jack was still injured. If so it may be another defender getting called up rather than a midfielder?