Thistle vs Cove - Lower League Football is back

i think it only started after Rory McCallister came on so that may well be why, ha. but yeah i made that 3 times.

8 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Commentator thinks he's watching Peterhead. Must be the blue shirt

Had a quick look at the league table, no chance we're breaking into the top 2. I know the circumstances are unusual but reaaaaaally need to put together a winning run now, just not enough points to play for us to be able to win it outright at this point/with this side. Kind of knew that before the January suspension anyway but yeah.

Pretty pish having to pray to scrape through the playoffs to go up tbh.

I'm unconvinced by Ricky Foster, strikes me as a bit of a dud; for an older head he's not all that cool and composed, likes to panic and just try to f**k the ball upfield when it gets near him.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Not really sure how we can have 3 months to analyse the performances and decide that the same set up which wasn't working before the shutdown is the way forward. 

Obviously if Sena scores that absolute sitter at 1-0 we win but I'd already resigned myself to defeat when Megginson went clean through at 1-1. 

No chance of catching Falkirk even if it was 122 games, scraping top 4 the best we can hope for now. 

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

i think it only started after Rory McCallister came on so that may well be why, ha. but yeah i made that 3 times.

Had a quick look at the league table, no chance we're breaking into the top 2. I know the circumstances are unusual but reaaaaaally need to put together a winning run now, just not enough points to play for us to be able to win it outright at this point/with this side. Kind of knew that before the January suspension anyway but yeah.

Pretty pish having to pray to scrape through the playoffs to go up tbh.

Probably spot on about seeing Rory and thinking Peterhead.

I worry about our side. 1) that performance was woeful. Night and day from our last game before the break 2) our squad depth isn't there especially with a lot of games in a short space of time. 

We're 4 points ahead of you but that's not much especially seeing how you have a game in hand.  Still very much in the running for top 2. Granted Falkirk is going to be a stretch for us both unless we can get out of 1st gear

A very low quality game. Cove threatened more before our goal, after we scored we really should have gone two up and we fail to score which comes back to bite us in the arse. Don’t want to be harsh on Sena though as he is a young talent in our team. 
We only seemed to wake up after scoring if I’m honest. Meggison took his goal well and after that both sides came close to a winner so overall a draw was probably a fair result.

Haven’t thought Cardle has provided enough this season but when he and Erskine came on there was a wee bit more of a threat and at least made a couple of chances. 

If Brownlie had cleared the ball rather than trying to pass out of defence we’d have held on at least to 1-0

Total apathy towards this team now. I think I preferred it when the league was suspended.
Exactly. Sat down to watch with the lowest of expectations ... and it was worse than that!
Even allowing for the 3 month lay off, that was dreadful

51 minutes ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Well that was crap! Embarrassing that we are not only in this league but that we cannot beat sides like Cove Rangers. We are utter dross and McCall should hang his head in shame.

49484396.jpg

19 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Ciaran McKenna is not a right back

Foster, Williamson, Devine, Geggan all on the books and have all previously played at RB. So we play a big clumsy CB at RB instead.

Pretty much sums up McCall.

We cant use being rusty as an excuse today. Aye, we've only been back a short while, but as a full time club we have spent all of that time training and playing some bounce matches. All while Cove players have been at their day jobs and have maybe trained 3 or 4 times since being back.

This is no longer an under performing side. Its a rank rotten group of players who are trying to sail by on past reputation. Led by a manager who seems unable to fix clear issues on the park and an assistant who is tarnishing his legend status with the club.

Assuming we get into the playoffs there is no chance this bunch of diddies are getting us promoted.

Edited by Jacky1990

Montrose dominated our game today, we were murder but we managed to stick the ball in the net twice. I wouldn't say we are over the hill and far away just yet. Not on today's performance, but it's a league full of mediocrity and the team that shits the nest least will win it.

15 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

We cant use being rusty as an excuse today. Aye, we've only been back a short while, but as a full time club we have spent all of that time training and playing some bounce matches. All while Cove players have been at their day jobs and have maybe trained 3 or 4 times since being back.

This is no longer an under performing side. Its a rank rotten group of players who are trying to sail by on past reputation. Led by a manager who seems unable to fix clear issues on the park and an assistant who is tarnishing his legend status with the club.

Assuming we get into the playoffs there is no chance this bunch of diddies are getting us promoted.

I'm not quite sure how much lustre Alan has left on his legend status, Jacky. As for the play-offs, a squeaker of a promotion from the third tier in the manner of 15 years or so ago would just about do.

18 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Montrose dominated our game today, we were murder but we managed to stick the ball in the net twice. I wouldn't say we are over the hill and far away just yet. Not on today's performance, but it's a league full of mediocrity and the team that shits the nest least will win it.

Us and Cove are both mediocre sides, and I can’t see anyone else putting together any kind of decent run. You’ll win this league by 5 or 6 points and never really be in danger imo.

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Montrose never dominated us today.

We were every bit as rotten as I feared but Montrose did absolutely nothing with the possession they had, they could play until next Saturday and not score.

This league is utterly shit.

2 hours ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Well that was crap! Embarrassing that we are not only in this league but that we cannot beat sides like Cove Rangers. We are utter dross and McCall should hang his head in shame.

Delicious.

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg