Sons vs Loons

I can't argue with very much of that.  I see a parallel here with our grim opening period in the Championship when Alan Adamson's team was struggling hugely.  A tough decision had to be taken by the Board and it was, and it was remarkable how the change of manager in Ian Murray rejuvenated a group of players who had looked dejected.
I'm not suggesting it would be just as easy right now, but what I would say is that under the present set-up we will see absolutely no rejuvenation.
The difference this time, is that Alan Adamson actually had a half decent squad. Murray obviously brought in a few additions but there was something resembling a team that he could work with.

If someone else took over now, they have no transfer window and an absolute shambles of a squad on their hands. At least half of the squad is totally out their depth or useless. We don't have a single natural wide player in the team and only 1 natural Striker. But it's fine because we have 3 useless goalkeepers in the squad and about 5 defensive midfielders. What the hell is Duffy thinking about!?

Great result for Forfar, we will take anything at this time.  In Malky we trust.

BTW Forfar were 4/1 today, when I heard Dumbarton had squad/goalie problems, I lumped on (tenner).🍻 Cheers Ramsbottom.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I've been working in the fucking shitehole that is Middlesbrough all week, had a 13 hour shift today with no access to my phone and despite Duffy being a fucking depressant I was actually looking forward to my evenings viewing. 

I don't think there has been anything more predictable than what happened today. I just laughed. I don't actually blame Ramsbottom, it's not his fault he's playing at a level he shouldn't be, it's not his fault Jim Duffy is utterly fucking useless at convincing players to sign for us and threw a deal at a guy absolutely nobody wanted. I mean Morton literally chose to go with no back up keeper than keep this bum. 

1) If it weren't for lockdown then a minor relocation to Stockton would have significantly eased that misery. 

2) It kinda is Ramsbottom's fault that he's playing at a level he shouldn't be though, because he has utter delusions about his actual performance level. When he was dropped for Danny Rogers last season, he immediately started kicking up shite about not getting the first team spot that he was 'promised'. Rogers was a great keeper IIRC for Dumbarton and a generally good one for us as well. The idea that Ramsbottom could in any way feel legitimately aggrieved about being second choice was ridiculous. I suspect that's the reason why he didn't get a new deal at Morton: Hopkin kept all his other useless picks on over the summer like Cameron Blues; Ramsbottom wanted better and so moved on. 

His agent then concocted an utterly ridiculous five minute showreel based largely on his genuinely useless performances with us last season - one of the key USPs within it being nothing other than 'distribution'! 

Obviously Duffy has foolishly drunk this Kool-Aid and is about 95% responsible, but this is not a case of some plucky honest player dragged off the streets and trying their best. He's viewing a stint Dumbarton as a springboard to the big time which is breathtaking given his actual ability IMO.

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, virginton said:

1) If it weren't for lockdown then a minor relocation to Stockton would have significantly eased that misery. 

2) It kinda is Ramsbottom's fault that he's playing at a level he shouldn't be though, because he has utter delusions about his actual performance level. When he was dropped for Danny Rogers last season, he immediately started kicking up shite about not getting the first team spot that he was 'promised'. Rogers was a great keeper IIRC for Dumbarton and a generally good one for us as well. The idea that Ramsbottom could in any way feel legitimately aggrieved about being second choice was ridiculous. I suspect that's the reason why he didn't get a new deal at Morton: Hopkin kept all his other useless picks on over the summer like Cameron Blues; Ramsbottom wanted better and so moved on. 

His agent then concocted an utterly ridiculous five minute showreel based largely on his genuinely useless performances with us last season - one of the key USPs within it being nothing other than 'distribution'! 

Obviously Duffy has foolishly drunk this Kool-Aid and is about 95% responsible, but this is not a case of some plucky honest player dragged off the streets and trying their best. He's viewing a stint Dumbarton as a springboard to the big time which is breathtaking given his actual ability IMO.

He wouldn't be with us if Duffy wasn't our manager. Duffy is to blame here, really couldn't care if Ramsbottom thinks he's Buffon, he doesn't pick the team.

Ooft that was difficult to watch even as a neutral. Ramsbottom a few seconds earlier made a howler and then THAT.

Sometimes freak incidents like that happen. Onwards and upwards though. Try and get the win against Huntly and take some confidence into Peterhead game on Saturday

Edited by CoveRangers1922