Sons vs Loons

All we need for me to be confident is a goalkeeper, winger and striker. Big game for the first one back mind you, and one where we absolutely need to be targeting three points.

**Awaits us signing three more centre-mids***

It's as simple as this. We have now lost our best performer this season in Dabrowski and also a midfield loanee who whilst not brilliant contributed more than Forbes and Langan who remain. We can discount Johnstone, Reilly and Morrison whose contributions were negligible.

We've added a loanee from Killie who comes with decent reports and a young keeper who is an unknown quantity. I would hope that we are looking to make further additions but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we start on Saturday with the squad as is and two subs on the bench.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's as simple as this. We have now lost our best performer this season in Dabrowski and also a midfield loanee who whilst not brilliant contributed more than Forbes and Langan who remain. We can discount Johnstone, Reilly and Morrison whose contributions were negligible.

We've added a loanee from Killie who comes with decent reports and a young keeper who is an unknown quantity. I would hope that we are looking to make further additions but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we start on Saturday with the squad as is and two subs on the bench.

The young keeper is also injured and was going for a scan, so I don't think that is a straight-forward issue. We need a goalkeeper, a wide player and a striker as minimum before Saturday. 

I can see a scenario on Saturday where we have so few players that we end up with an outfield player in goals or we finish the game with fewer than 11 on the park because we can't sub anybody picking up a knock.

Absolutely horrible position to be in. Even if we basically sign players from WoS league teams, we need bodies in.

Certainly nervy times for Sons fans, with such a threadbare squad. Thankfully they are playing Forfar who are so poor that even if Dumbarton don't have a man between the sticks it won't make too much difference since the Loons goal threat is about as dangerous as a Baxter the Bridie toy. 😄

22 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Certainly nervy times for Sons fans, with such a threadbare squad. Thankfully they are playing Forfar who are so poor that even if Dumbarton don't have a man between the sticks it won't make too much difference since the Loons goal threat is about as dangerous as a Baxter the Bridie toy. 😄

I got one of them for Christmas. He shall be coming along on Saturday. Only fair that we get a Loon involved in commentary. 

Looking at our fixtures this is almost a must win for Forfar with Falkirk then Patrick next up. If we’re still on 6/7 points after that then cannot see us as being anything other than 10th. Hopefully Malcolm acts accordingly and actually tries to be positive with his tactics.

On 17/03/2021 at 02:19, nofixedability said:

Looking at our fixtures this is almost a must win for Forfar with Falkirk then Patrick next up. If we’re still on 6/7 points after that then cannot see us as being anything other than 10th. Hopefully Malcolm acts accordingly and actually tries to be positive with his tactics.

giphy.gif

Edited by SlipperyP