Peterhead v Airdrie

Difficult one to judge as obviously the red card/absence of Turner/playing virtually the whole match with ten men had a huge bearing on the outcome. But... it was apparent that all of our usual shortcomings are still very much present. Peterhead were there for the taking and I can't help but feel a better team than us and a team who ultimately goes on to win promotion would have managed that game better and seen out a result, even a point. We're still completely unable to break down stuffy teams, change a game or come from behind and have no strength in depth at all. As soon as we go a goal behind it's *still* game over and Thomson, Roy and O'Reilly are never going to change that. Would Kyle Turner have made that difference? We'll never know but we shouldn't be relying on a loanee (as good as he is) to make that much of a fundamental difference. Hopefully Robert's injury was just a knock and he'll be back next week. We could be in serious trouble if he's not. 

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Don't see what's wrong with that starting 11 so have to disagree with you. 

Why do you think it shows Murray doesn't have a clue? 

Could only think that McKay signed as a striker has been doing well in training playing at full back, 

As the commentators said : it was not much of a game and it leaves us struggling to do any more than finish below Falkirk etc. The wind and the rain were more like Peterhead conditions and apart from O'Reilly showing some good speed at counter attacks, you always thought they would take at least one chance.  Not much more to say but maybe I should have watched the Rugby. Peterhead had some good players and I liked the look of McCarthy and Freeman while Scott Brown is the kind of midfielder we really needed this season. Roll on Thistle etc. Off for a Curry take away. 

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good win the the blue toon and nice to see Jordan get off the mark!

No we dont want to swap Jordon for Rory 😊. The find of the day i thought was Hamish Ritchie  not sure if Cove had him at one stage but think he is at Locos now nut going by today would like to see how he does during the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

No we dont want to swap Jordon for Rory 😊. The find of the day i thought was Hamish Ritchie  not sure if Cove had him at one stage but think he is at Locos now nut going by today would like to see how he does during the rest of the season.

Haha. To be fair on Rory he's stepped it up recently and against Alloa in the cup he was impressive. Jordan is a good lad and delighted to see him get game time and score. 

Hamish joined us on loan early in the season for a very brief spell but didn't  feature. Heard good things about him though.

All the best against Stenny on Tuesday. Is the game being streamed? Will be looking for a game to watch.

50 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Haha. To be fair on Rory he's stepped it up recently and against Alloa in the cup he was impressive. Jordan is a good lad and delighted to see him get game time and score. 

Hamish joined us on loan early in the season for a very brief spell but didn't  feature. Heard good things about him though.

All the best against Stenny on Tuesday. Is the game being streamed? Will be looking for a game to watch.

Aye presume it will be streamed as usual, Jordon gets some stick from Rory but all in good fun.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

As the commentators said : it was not much of a game and it leaves us struggling to do any more than finish below Falkirk etc. The wind and the rain were more like Peterhead conditions and apart from O'Reilly showing some good speed at counter attacks, you always thought they would take at least one chance.  Not much more to say but maybe I should have watched the Rugby. Peterhead had some good players and I liked the look of McCarthy and Freeman while Scott Brown is the kind of midfielder we really needed this season. Roll on Thistle etc. Off for a Curry take away. 

Can understand  Airdrie supporters being disappointed with today, the excitement of your new signing did not get off the ground, looks pretty reckless tackle to be honest. We often struggle against 10 men and fell in to the usual trap of playing lots of passes but not getting into position to get off shots/ Quite happy from our point of view with the win and some decent play considering not having played or trained for so long. Pleased with some of the players brought in & with a few still to return hopefully we can end the season strongly. 

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Can understand  Airdrie supporters being disappointed with today, the excitement of your new signing did not get off the ground, looks pretty reckless tackle to be honest. We often struggle against 10 men and fell in to the usual trap of playing lots of passes but not getting into position to get off shots/ Quite happy from our point of view with the win and some decent play considering not having played or trained for so long. Pleased with some of the players brought in & with a few still to return hopefully we can end the season strongly. 

Yes it was from our view disappointing and we have had lots of that this season ( and for a long time!) . Clearly the Ref saw it as reckless  and he was a lot closer than me obviously. Seemed a bit strange for Turner to do this as any time I saw him with Stranraer , he did not show much "hardness" . Since so many teams are on 16 then it will be a close run thing for many of the  current mid table sides 0f which we are one as well! . Good to see the two seasons in one day today!  Best wishes