Falkirk vs Montrose

We need to get our foot on the ball and keep a bit of possession. First touch again poor for a number of them. Defence has done ok but too many passengers elsewhere.

Got to recognise it’s our first game in weeks. Sharpness will be a factor....

Durnan, Morrison & Gomis our better players imo. No better/worse than expected from everyone else except Alston, who has been dugshite.

I don’t quite get this Gomis thing. I think he’s been poor so far.
I also don’t think Leitch has been too bad. Miller also been solid....

Dross first half from both sides tbh. We're still so reliant on giving Morrison the ball and hoping he can do something but we're so slow getting bodies up in support he's already got 2 or 3 men on him. 

Would bite your hand off for this scoreline now if Thistle-Cove ends in a draw though. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

Great for 15 minutes and then we have been dire since.

Keena has looked lively and direct, him and Morrison being on the same page makes a massive difference to Dowds and Sammon plodding around. Leitch will be playing in the East of Scotland League in 18 months time. Fotheringham looks a bit like a lost wee boy. Why are we playing out from the back via Durnan?

Tempo needs lifted again massively but I'm not overly sure how we do that other than just getting it to Morrison or Keena more quickly.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What does Leitch need to do to NOT get picked.

Alston is also very poor.

Onlygood thing is that we’re one up.

Alston is pedestrian in open play but his set piece delivery is a difference maker.

Durnan and Hall can't play football and no-one other than Gomis is going and taking it off them. We started really well but fell off it after our goal. Leitch has been rotten, overhit passes, loose touches, taking 4 years to get the cross in. Also Alston is playing like a 36 year old he's so immobile and turns slower than an eddie stobart truck. Mochrie has shown why he's so highly rated in that first half so hopefully we keep him quiet second half. Fotheringham's done exactly what we want him to do, get on the ball and be positive. Hopefully see Telfer on for Leitch sooner rather than later.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Got to recognise it’s our first game in weeks. Sharpness will be a factor....

Brickie’s had to return to work after months on furlough. When they built their first house months later, it didnae fucking fall down.

You can’t use that as an excuse for poor team selection and tactics from M&M.

Brickie’s had to return to work after months on furlough. When they built their first house months later, it didnae fucking fall down.
You can’t use that as an excuse for poor team selection and tactics from M&M.

I don’t think it’s quite the same comparison [emoji3]