Falkirk vs Montrose

I'd take any sort of 3 points, if we start back with anything other than a win then it just shows we've shat the bed. 

I can see at least one of the loan signings going straight in. Most likely the guy from Rangers as they will be pushing for him to get game time. I expect to see all 3 on the park at some point though. Really hoping Keena gets a goal and hopefully kick starts a good run. 

Not sure how Montrose are looking. Have they lost anybody from the shutdown?

There literally no time for fucking about. Any excuses for us looking slow or off the pace apply equally to Montrose, so it has to be a win. And any resistance to play the loan signings simply shows they are a waste of a signing and indicate a management team who dont know what they are doing. 

Seething if we stick with tried and tested (and failed) and come out with less than a win

44 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Mutch

Mercer - Hall - Dixon - Kelly

Morrison - Alston - Millar - Connolly

Fotheringham - Keena

Doesn't look like Kelly, Mercer or Connolly will be fit. Not a chance I would play Mercer anyway though, Neilson should go straight in as should Fotheringham. Not entirely sure why we signed McClelland though, seems a strange time to try to blood a young CB when defending wasn't our main problem. I would probably keep Hall and Dixon together and I would play Deveney if Kelly doesn't make it.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There literally no time for fucking about. Any excuses for us looking slow or off the pace apply equally to Montrose, so it has to be a win. And any resistance to play the loan signings simply shows they are a waste of a signing and indicate a management team who dont know what they are doing. 

Seething if we stick with tried and tested (and failed) and come out with less than a win

You forget that Montrose players will have been keeping themselves fit at their daytime jobs while our lot will have been sitting in the house and gorging on their Christmas Quality Street! 

One thing i've learned from P&B is that Scotland's part time players are almost exclusively employed in traditional, mid-20th century roles. i fully expect these butchers. milkmen, postmen, typesetters, bargemen & furnace men have maintained their fitness over the lockdown. There is a chance they could tire towards the end, due to the physical demands of their mon-fri shifts so we should consider bringing one of the young lads off the bench after an hour or so.

With the obvious caveats of never having seen these new players and just assuming they can't be worse than whoever they're replacing, I reckon Neilson will be in from the start at RB whether Mercer is fit or not and Fotheringham should start too as we've been crying out for pace and creativity on the wing.

Despite Hall & Durnan being really poor I'd still have McClelland on the bench for this one just so we're not starting three untested teenagers in an important match. I'm absolutely certain mistakes will bring him into the team before too long anyways.

Looking forward to seeing the team again. It feels like the start of a new season!
In answer to a question above, no we haven't lost any players. We have retained the three loannes (Cochrane - Hearts, Ballantyne - St J and Mochrie - Dundee U). Have full confidence that the players will be fit as a fiddle for the game. Arguably the toughest game of the season to get started back with but that could be a really good thing if we can get a positive result. Mon the Mo!

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Montrose definitely due a win against us. Not sure they’ve deserved to lose any of the last 4 meetings (maybe the 2-3 at their place last Christmas) 

1-2 Montrose, M&M under severe pressure instantly 

Got the very same sinking feeling. We always seem to scrape it against them and you can't keep on doing that forever.

I don't think M&M will start any of the new signings, they will be hoping the tried n trusted (failures) get a win by any means possible. Then gradually blood some of the new kids because that's what they are. We really don't have time for that, hoping for a win but after such a long lay off I think it'll be headless chickens running about the park with little or no purpose. Hope I'm wrong. We were dropping like a stone before season stopped I fail to see how we are suddenly going to come out and blow Montrose away. 

On 15/03/2021 at 11:57, ShaggerG said:

Doesn't look like Kelly, Mercer or Connolly will be fit. Not a chance I would play Mercer anyway though, Neilson should go straight in as should Fotheringham. Not entirely sure why we signed McClelland though, seems a strange time to try to blood a young CB when defending wasn't our main problem. I would probably keep Hall and Dixon together and I would play Deveney if Kelly doesn't make it.

I dunno our entire defence looked like they hadn't met each other in the East Fife loss. Your hoping that was just a one off.. that said the whole team was rotten that day. 

Not seen a game since January and I should be champing at the bit. But it is going to be the usual M&M borefest convinced of it. Probably win 1-0 of something like that

Every big game Falkirk have had in the last 3 seasons we've lost, so I'm not at all confident. It shows how dreadful M&M really are when you expect to lose a game at home to Montrose. 

On 15/03/2021 at 12:39, ilostmyself said:

With the obvious caveats of never having seen these new players and just assuming they can't be worse than whoever they're replacing, I reckon Neilson will be in from the start at RB whether Mercer is fit or not and Fotheringham should start too as we've been crying out for pace and creativity on the wing.

Despite Hall & Durnan being really poor I'd still have McClelland on the bench for this one just so we're not starting three untested teenagers in an important match. I'm absolutely certain mistakes will bring him into the team before too long anyways.

I've heard good things about Neilson from somebody who has watched him and the Dundee Utd fans on Twitter seemed disappointed not to be giving him more minutes in the Premiership towards the end of the season. Chuck him in I say. 

Should be an interesting game tomorrow Falkirk have some quality players in their squad,seem to have brought in a couple on loan too.Am hoping with Montrose having quite a settled squad and not losing any loans players we can kick on and get a positive long overdue result.