Rovers vs. ICT

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Hendry was sub-par, thus the suggestion to try King, who looked pretty decent the first half, and give Hendry a reminder he isn’t invincible. I wonder if Hendry isn’t nursing a nagging niggle (or a COVID hangover), because he hasn’t been himself the last couple of months.

I don't know what you have against Hendry, he's a key player for us and I thought he was good on Friday, whereas King looks no more than a squad filler. Besides, King hasn't had much time to familiarise himself with our way of playing. I don't think he's a bad player but he looks nowhere near Hendry's class.

If Hendry is fit he plays, I don’t think that’s really up for debate. Also the full backs pick themselves again if fit.

I think he should give Ugwu 4 or 5 starts to see if he can solidify his place.

I’d also like to see us play 2 up on occasion, a shape change that maybe has Gullan, Kennedy or Vaughan closer to Ugwu through the middle.

Absolutely bewildered reading that Tumilty ‘wasn’t a threat’ on Friday night. He was our best player by a mile, got up and down the pitch all night, put a cross onto Ugwu’s foot six yards out early on and onto their defenders arm in the 90th minute. He plays.

I have a hope that Vaughan appears from nowhere to start tonight. King and Gullan are the obvious two to drop out, we’ve options for a few more but those two don’t deserve to start.

Huge night for us. A win puts us in a very, very strong place for the play-offs, and if we want to finish second I don’t think we can afford to be picking up two or three points from Ayr home/ICT away/ICT home. Hopefully we break the midweek hoodoo.

8 hours ago, stevoraith said:

I thought Tumilty had a really good game on Friday, probably my man of the match.
Hendry also looked decent I thought, certainly one of our better performers.
King wasn’t terrible but was largely anonymous.

Strange how we can all see the same thing an interpret it so differently.

Yeah I thought Tumilty and Hendry were among our better performers on Friday :unsure2:

Curious to know Tex, did you watch the 90mins or are you basing your performances against ICT on the highlights?
Maybe the highlights didn’t show much of Tumilty’s threat.
I’d say he was certainly where the majority of our attacking play came from from.

On last Saturday's ''Off The Ball' show Stuart Cosgrove had a dig at central belt towns where OF fans deserted their local clubs in droves on a sat, yet he pointed out that Raith Rovers bucked that trend by having a  large local support for their team's games.

That's certainly evidenced on the last two Caley/RR threads where the Rovers fans posts have well outnumbered the Caley fans posts. 

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yes, and I fixed it for you. Tumilty has sort of disappeared the last couple of games, let’s give him a game to rest. Frankie looked sterling at LB earlier, and RB is something he was advertised as being able to play for us.

As for dropping Hendry, he didn’t set the world on fire last match, while King looked decent the first half. Let’s shake it up people say, so let’s do it!

I’m beginning to wonder if you watch the same games as the rest of us? Tumilty was bombing up the right hand side all game on Friday night, and the commentators mentioned it as well. 

King was an absolutely non event on Friday and was correctly taken off.

I’m beginning to wonder if you watch the same games as the rest of us? Tumilty was bombing up the right hand side all game on Friday night, and the commentators mentioned it as well. 
It was also the same on Tuesday night, most of our threat came from Tumilty getting forward.

I would certainly go as strong as possible tonight and no way would I be thinking about leaving Hendry and Tumilty out after good performances on Friday.

However, we have 3 games a week for the next 4 weeks so I don’t think anyone is going to be able to play every minute of every game. Particularly with McGlynn’s comments about using all of the squad. So regardless of form I think Hendry will sit on the bench for a game and given Musonda is our only real full back cover I think it’s likely he will slot in at left back one game and right back another to give MacDonald and Tumilty a break when required.

Tonight, is not the night to be resting key players though, it’s a very important game. We should be going full strength, the Stirling cup game seems the obvious choice to give Hendry and one of the full backs a rest if needed.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

On last Saturday's ''Off The Ball' show Stuart Cosgrove had a dig at central belt towns where OF fans deserted their local clubs in droves on a sat, yet he pointed out that Raith Rovers bucked that trend by having a  large local support for their team's games.

That's certainly evidenced on the last two Caley/RR threads where the Rovers fans posts have well outnumbered the Caley fans posts. 

I was just thinking about this the other day. 

There's definitely a lot more people going about the town with Rovers gear on than I ever saw when I was younger. 

The OF were very dominant in the town back then but there seems to have been a shift. 

37 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was just thinking about this the other day. 

There's definitely a lot more people going about the town with Rovers gear on than I ever saw when I was younger. 

The OF were very dominant in the town back then but there seems to have been a shift. 

Yes it’s good to see local support rather than glory hunters.  As for the gear it was nigh impossible to get anything other than OF kits years ago.  I often sent my kids into the sports shops to ask for the local kit. It took them a while to cotton on to the pointless of it.

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

I watch or listen to what I can, but the ICT game Friday was not available to me on any of the usually unreliable black retransmission sites, so I was limited to commentary from Raith updates and BBC updates, added to game comments and interviews. The highlights are, as noted unreliable. Apparently Tumilty’s contributions were shorted on Friday, but his previous few games were similar to what I understood Friday was like, so I felt a rest might be in order...

King seems to be an acceptable CM for the first half in a similar manner from numerous sources.

Tumilty and Hendry were probably our two best players on Friday.  Hendry doesn't always have a great game, but the team usually looks far poorer without him.  

Dropping a fit Hendry for King, would be utter and absolute insanity.  

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Tumilty and Hendry were probably our two best players on Friday.  Hendry doesn't always have a great game, but the team usually looks far poorer without him.  

Dropping a fit Hendry for King, would be utter and absolute insanity.  

Fair enough, but I like the insane idea now and then.