Morton v Queens

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bloody hell, the lad's a centre back and he's 2nd top scorer in the league I think.

Plays in midfield now but aye he did start most of our games at CB. Our penalty taker and also a big threat from set pieces in the box. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Nice work from wee Dapo and a good spot from Shields to see big Ayo in space - some hit.

We've improved in the last 20 mins.  Need to give Dapo more to work with on the deck.  Maxwell doing well on the left today.  Gibson needs to watch himself though with that daft yellow.

18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Can somebody tell Andy and his pal that Obileye isn't playing in defence and hasn't done for several games. 

The commentators have been really good but they would be even better with just a little research.

10 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

This is outrageously bad. I don't know where to start. There's nothing redeeming about it.  We keep punting long balls forward and getting nothing from it. Shields and Mebude keep coming out wide, leaving the other of them isolated up front. Both of those issues seem to emanate from the vacuum in midfield. We have three not-very-attacking, all centrally minded players in there, meaning there's nothing happening on the wings, and there's huge gaps between the midfield and strikers. We're still not pressing high. And because Shields and Mebude keep getting stuck out wide trying to hold onto long balls, there's absolutely no pace in our game. There's literally none of the elements which have won us points recently. It boggles the mind.

Whatever formation we're playing its not really working. Im not sure if Mebude is supposed to be up front or out wide.

I think Gus deserves some credit though, I think the 3 at the back is nullifying a lot of our threat over the top.

Fair scoreline. Morton started well and had most of the ball early on. A shocking goal to concede from our point of view, all the more frustrating when Morton haven't really made the GK work. We've been even worse in an attacking sense. Dapo has been as quiet as I've seen him and Shields has rarely featured but when he has he's been wasteful. These two need to be more involved. They aren't helped by constant long balls up to them. I'm not sure if it's an intentional tackle or if the players are just struggling to pass the ball on that tattie field. But our pitch doesn't exactly play well so you'd think they could cope.

Still drawing and playing pretty awful which can't be a bad thing I suppose. If nothing improves by 60 minutes I'd be tempted to get Dobbie on for McGrory.

10 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

This is outrageously bad. I don't know where to start. There's nothing redeeming about it.  We keep punting long balls forward and getting nothing from it. Shields and Mebude keep coming out wide, leaving the other of them isolated up front. Both of those issues seem to emanate from the vacuum in midfield. We have three not-very-attacking, all centrally minded players in there, meaning there's nothing happening on the wings, and there's huge gaps between the midfield and strikers. We're still not pressing high. And because Shields and Mebude keep getting stuck out wide trying to hold onto long balls, there's absolutely no pace in our game. There's literally none of the elements which have won us points recently. It boggles the mind.

Yep it’s not been good. Give credit to the way Morton are playing though, as having the three centre half’s has forced Mebude and Shields wide to try and get a look in. 

We came back into it but goal excepted, not from playing particularly good football. The park hasn’t helped in terms of getting the ball down. Game has totally passed by McGrory and McCabe - would be tempted to get one of them off for Fitzpatrick. 

Nice work from wee Dapo and a good spot from Shields to see big Ayo in space - some hit.
We've improved in the last 20 mins.  Need to give Dapo more to work with on the deck.  Maxwell doing well on the left today.  Gibson needs to watch himself though with that daft yellow.

Agreed - ball was clearly in and he made the cardinal sin of stopping and then stupidly arguing. Not a player I like to be on a yellow.

Took the goal to wake us up and we've rode our luck a bit so I'm happy to be level at half time.  Shields and Mebude as a front two isn't paying off today but they are feeding off scraps.  Ayo though.  The big man is a just joy to watch.  C'mon Billy, get that new contract typed up for him now...

Haven't seen much from either McGrory or East but maybe its the camera not showing their input or my poor observation or a bit of both - but I'd be thinking about bringing Fitzpatrick in for some more pace in that area.

Aye that was an old school Gibson booking. Just stupid and nowhere near out of play. He pulled a boy back later on that could have been deemed a yellow as well. The Morton sub lucky not to have been sent off as well.

Yep it’s not been good. Give credit to the way Morton are playing though, as having the three centre half’s has forced Mebude and Shields wide to try and get a look in. 

We came back into it but goal excepted, not from playing particularly good football. The park hasn’t helped in terms of getting the ball down. Game has totally passed by McGrory and McCabe - would be tempted to get one of them off for Fitzpatrick. 

Agreed - thought Morton were the better side. McCabe doing nothing much except taking long throws. Dickson for him possibly. Not a game we can really afford to lose. Their back 3 has been solid.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Decent stream and commentary, nice to hear the commentators focusing on what's happening in the game.  Those stand roof columns though .....

Fermer Innes take note.

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Decent stream and commentary, nice to hear the commentators focusing on what's happening in the game.  Those stand roof columns though .....

I was wondering if there is a reason they don't film from the other side of the park.