Morton v Queens

Absolute garbage from start to finish. Not one single pass mark for me today and that includes the management. That was as bad a performance as we've given this season. We got away with it in the first half but the approach never changed in the second and once Morton scored there only looked like one team likely to get a result. We looked better last week when we were down to 10 men.

I sometimes wonder if managers see something completely different to us. At no point today did we look likely of getting a win and it takes until 70 odd minutes to mix the midfield up. Dreadful.

As comfortable a win for Morton as they'll get.

Woeful second half from Queens.  Crazy defensive pass created the winning goal - not sure who played it.  We looked pretty clueless going forwards and the Morton defence controlled us fairly easily.  Not sure why Dapo went off (some kind of injury)?  I'd have replaced him with Fitzpatrick - not really sure what Dobbie brings to the team now (sad to say).  Some of big Ayo's balls forward at the end there - dearie me.  Morton were OK, but there was a point to be had there.

Hynes was excellent for a boy who has barely had a sniff.

McGinty much better in a back three.

McGinn exactly the kind of player we need at this stage.

Nesbitt much better central than wide.

Oliver played very well (amazing how much better he looks when not up front alone getting high balls shelled at him...).

How good is it, tho, to have an actual manager? Every decision confident, evidence in our play of actual coaching, and he clearly got the message through at half-time about not stepping off the gas.

Mon the fuckin Ton...

Woeful second half from Queens.  Crazy defensive pass created the winning goal - not sure who played it.  We looked pretty clueless going forwards and the Morton defence controlled us fairly easily.  Not sure why Dapo went off (some kind of injury)?  I'd have replaced him with Fitzpatrick - not really sure what Dobbie brings to the team now (sad to say).  Some of big Ayo's balls forward at the end there - dearie me.  Morton were OK, but there was a point to be had there.
Dobbie still brings a threat. He showed at Arbroath he can be handy in a creative role from midfield as well. What Dobbie is and always has been hopeless at is being the target for long balls. It was a laughably bad substitution today regardless of whether or not Dapo was injured. If it was a straight swap he'd have been better swapping him with Joseph. Dobbie in a more central role might have upped our play a bit. I wish McCabe's red hadn't been overturned. If it wasn't for him taking our throw-ins I wouldn't have known he was there.

In the last 20 minutes we wasted ball after ball with aimless punts, as said even Obeleye had two in a row which went nowhere. Devoid of ideas going forward. Shields was on fire for us before he was injured but he was not on fire today. Mebude ineffective. And yes, was that East or McGrorie who set them up for the winner? I saw what they were trying to do but it was miscued behind our defender (Gibson). Still not sure how Oliver got a free header.

it was like our early season form....

Deserved win for Morton,  they looked just a bit sharper and committed than us. A really flat performance all round from Queens.  Many more performances like that and we'll be heading back into relegation bother. Unfortunately not many pass marks today. 

12 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Fitzpatrick is another passenger and has  been for most of his time here.  I'd happily drive him back down South (when travel restrictions are lifted of course) 

Guest Flash
1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Fitzpatrick is another passenger and has  been for most of his time here.  I'd happily drive him back down South (when travel restrictions are lifted of course) 

It would be an essential journey, imo.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Will Queens be submitting another tear-drenched appeal to the SPFL about this week's unjust outcome?

You're only one describing it as "unjust". Overall it was a deserved win,  just try and enjoy it. 

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, virginton said:

No one got wrongly sent off this weekend so I'm guessing the answer is no.

No one got wrongly sent off last week either, but that didn't stop you squealing and squealing until you got your way.

Thankfully those shameless antics and the contribution of your ineligible player to the scoresheet failed to change the outcome today.

fd09c741-bedb-4e25-9225-a1288465c2bc.jpg.112a4038efad1a9bb85f42bc19f4cc61.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

No one got wrongly sent off last week either, but that stop you squealing and squealing until you got your way.
Thankfully those shameless antics and the contribution of your ineligible player to the scoresheet failed to change the outcome.
fd09c741-bedb-4e25-9225-a1288465c2bc.jpg.112a4038efad1a9bb85f42bc19f4cc61.jpg
^^^ Word salad etc.