Morton v Queens

With Gus McPherson and Andy Millen getting a full week of training under their belts, I wonder if we might see some changes this weekend. Would have made sense to keep things simple last week with them only coming in on the Thursday, but after a week of seeing the players on the training pitch, they will have learned a lot about them. Hopefully they've quickly realised that Robbie Muirhead and Cammie Blues aren't football players and sent them to help with the cleaning or something.

As others have said above, this is absolutely huge for us. Things do really look to be going against us at the moment, so we need to get another 3 points on the board here. Queens very much look to have gotten away with one, maybe even two, with those red cards being rescinded, and while I would love to be getting in and about their centre backs, we aren't exactly spoiled for options up front ourselves.

Just win Morton.

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Huge boost for Queens having McCabe and particularly big Obileye available for Saturday.  Given that this may be wee Dapo's last game for us we really need to try to get something here.  That said, I gave up trying to predict Morton v Queens results years ago - they defy reason.

Can't predict this one. Which is maybe because there are so many teams in this division that are pretty much the same standard, illustrated by how congested it is around the 20-27 point area.  Our weakness is our lack of any decent strikers. Queens will no doubt be relieved that Orsi will probably not be in the starting line up.

15 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Can't predict this one. Which is maybe because there are so many teams in this division that are pretty much the same standard, illustrated by how congested it is around the 20-27 point area.  Our weakness is our lack of any decent strikers. Queens will no doubt be relieved that Orsi will probably not be in the starting line up.

Morton fans should be the ones relieved at Orsi not playing on account of him being miles out of his depth. The weird coincidence that all three of his goals this season have been against Queen of the South doesn't change that.

The tightness of this division and our desperate need to win also doesn't change Queen of the South being clear favourites for this game. We've won 1 in 12, they've won 4 in 5.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Morton fans should be the ones relieved at Orsi not playing on account of him being miles out of his depth. The weird coincidence that all three of his goals this season have been against Queen of the South doesn't change that.

The tightness of this division and our desperate need to win also doesn't change Queen of the South being clear favourites for this game. We've won 1 in 12, they've won 4 in 5.

The 4 wins came with Jones in the team. The loss came without him (albeit we played the second half with 10 men - it was 2-2 just before HT). I’m not saying we were a one man team (and I know we won games before he arrived) but he clearly improved the side, both offensively and defensively. I expect this game to be not much different to the previous three between the sides in that it is probably 50/50 - we won 1, Morton won 1 and there was 1 draw. Nothing much between the teams, plus Morton have a new manager. Whatever we think of Gus, he will be better than the previous manager, imo.

Same team as last week for me. If this is the case, McGrory can probably feel a bit unlucky about being left out. 

Would like to see us play Fitzpatrick, Mebude and East about 5-10 yards further up the pitch than last week. Appreciate our strengths are in breaking quickly, but we gave Alloa too much of the ball even when we had 11 men and let them ping 20 yard passes up to the forwards without any pressure. Felt we missed a bit of the tenacity out of possession that has been really key to our recent run. 

Will be good to have McKee back on the bench and hopefully Dobbie also. 

5 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Cant seem to get away from the pay with paypal method when trying to purchase game. Just want to use my debut card. Any ideas?

PayPal are the payment mechanism, regardless of whether you have a PayPal account.

Click go to Paypal and there will be a pay by debit card button.

1 hour ago, QosLoyal said:

Cant seem to get away from the pay with paypal method when trying to purchase game. Just want to use my debut card. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

PayPal are the payment mechanism, regardless of whether you have a PayPal account.

This. It should be at the bottom

image.thumb.png.463e568d96d66507cd1fcbb7a3fda6ea.png

Ew7Y5l7WgAM-48y.jpeg.thumb.jpg.505022058b377685d00fdcfd09d40d6f.jpg

...I mean, it's certainly different. We've been mince regardless of the system, but reverting to a back three, flinging Hynes in and dropping three players who've actually been good or at least decent in McGuffie, Lyon and Ledger is a hell of a gamble to take when you're in must-win territory.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Yep,  I think I ended up opening. PayPal account (which I've never used since)  the last time I bought the Morton stream before realising I didn't actually need to.  Only problem I had today was having to reset the password I've used for previous Morton streams for some reason.  

As for the game,  a stronger line-up for Queens than we could have expected to be available after the events of last week. As Dunning 1874 says above though,  Morton have made a few changes which could either click or fail, it would be very Queens to come off worst against an "experimental" team. I'm quite happy to settle for draws in any away league games so that outcome wouldn't be disappointing. 

ps: hopefully Orsi and Oliver fire blanks today.