Accies v St Mirren 20/03/21

Ahh, that was shite. Looked pretty comfortable throughout bar a spell earlier in the second half. Was it a free kick? Yeah, probably. 
The Saintees on here are clearly awful, graceless, tiny-penised winners, but congrats to them anyway because their form has been very good at the right time of the season.
We've simply had too many draws, especially recently, and although the Feb fixture madness has clearly destroyed us, the backlog was still a net result of our Covid-related failings. I don't really believe in karma, but given we escaped any other meaningful punishment, you could still argue we brought the problems on ourselves.
We absolutely have to focus on finishing 7th now. Any lower and I really will be pissed off.
The cherry on top will be finishing below Motherwell.

Fair play to Accies they plugged away, were a constant threat. We missed a couple of great chances to go 2 up.

Meh at least we can focus on the Scottish cup [emoji23]

Always nervy at 1-0. Hamilton were much better in the second half, but I didn't threaten particularly often. We missed a couple of decent chances too which would've put the game to bed. Fair play to Hamilton though they're a dogged side and the grind out points. I think they'll stay up. 

It's really poor defending for their goal though, that's the most disappointing thing. 

Other fans can laugh if they want, it's still been a good season for us, we're miles ahead of where we were last season. I'm 35 and this is the first top flight season I can remember where we've been in no danger of relegation. 

43 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fair play to Accies they plugged away, were a constant threat. We missed a couple of great chances to go 2 up.

To be fair, that was some save from Fulton.

Like most Accies fans, I had my doubts about him,  but he's turned out to be a decent keeper.

Edited by ggr

In all seriousness I feel for the buddies. I like Goodwin feel they could have been competing for a European place. They have had no luck this season. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Looks like we have another game to play after all....

Really ? How many soft penalties have they had , Tannadice was a joke

36 minutes ago, EKACCIES said:

Really ? How many soft penalties have they had , Tannadice was a joke

By the same token, it was a very soft penalty that precipitated our late collapse against Celtic - the concession of three goals that have turned out to be the difference between 6th and 7th.

I'm not blaming that decision - this was in our hands and we fucked it - but I'm not having it that we've had the entire rub of the green.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Cheers mate. All the best with the rest of the season and pulling away from *checks notes* eighth place in the Championship.

Not sure why we'd need to pull away from 8th place exactly, but then again your mob are hardly experts on getting over the line right now.

IMG-20200926-WA0001.jpg.87d9e517b6bfe729dab9a647007cbb3e.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not sure why we'd need to pull away from 8th place exactly, but then again your mob are hardly experts on getting over the line right now.

Were you even born when the soap dodgers were last in the top league?

45 minutes ago, btb said:

Were you even born when the soap dodgers were last in the top league?

This kunt was still in charge the last time the scum were in the Premiership/Premier. 

Not sure which one I miss least.

download (1).jpeg

11 minutes ago, Munoz said:

This kunt was still in charge the last time the scum were in the Premiership/Premier. 

Not sure which one I miss least.

download (1).jpeg

Was she not also in charge the last time St Mirren finished in the top 6?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Goodwin telling the ref he cost him top six :lol:

no Jim your shite tactics and players cost you top six.

Its all very Jackie McNamara.