Accies v St Mirren 20/03/21

St Johnstone miles better than St Mirren this season.

Goodwin deserved that for the pre match statements.  Totally disrespected Accies and was acting like St Mirren were some footballing juggernaut.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

In all seriousness I feel for the buddies. I like Goodwin feel they could have been competing for a European place. They have had no luck this season. 

😂😂😂😂

Looks like we have another game to play after all....

Not good enough, sadly, but I suppose it'll give them a wee boost going into the split. Our injury situation and all round lack of quality is gonna make this a real struggle, and you could see today that we were never gonna score from open play.

I'm guessing we've only ever gone into the split in 12th once?

Goodwin made an arse of that, that peach of a ball across goal from Accies was the warning sign and we didn’t take it. Doyle-Hayes kept giving the ball away second half and should have been off for Flynn ages ago, then taking our only striker off was bizarre and cost us after Accies equalised.

Horrible marking for the goal too and a daft foul from Shaughnessy who’d had a great game.

Today was a bummer but we drew far too many games over February that we should have won, I think that’s really what cost us the top six place.

Well done to St Johnstone on getting the job done.

1 minute ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Goodwin made an arse of that, that peach of a ball across goal from Accies was the warning sign and we didn’t take it. Doyle-Hayes kept giving the ball away second half and should have been off for Flynn ages ago, then taking our only striker off was bizarre and cost us after Accies equalised. Horrible marking for the goal too.

Today was a bummer but we drew far too many games over February that we should have won, I think that’s really what cost us the top six place.

Well done to St Johnstone on getting the job done.

Yeah, we are sitting here gutted at missing top six by two goals. After everything that went against us this season, it's not too bad. Today was tough, but we missed chances, then didn't defend well enough. I'm still excited to see what this team can do next season.

Would be a crying shame if St Mirren had spunked a fortune on a certain strikers wages because they thought they were guaranteed top 6 prize money 👀

Ahh, that was shite. Looked pretty comfortable throughout bar a spell earlier in the second half. Was it a free kick? Yeah, probably. 

The Saintees on here are clearly awful, graceless, tiny-penised winners, but congrats to them anyway because their form has been very good at the right time of the season.

We've simply had too many draws, especially recently, and although the Feb fixture madness has clearly destroyed us, the backlog was still a net result of our Covid-related failings. I don't really believe in karma, but given we escaped any other meaningful punishment, you could still argue we brought the problems on ourselves.

We absolutely have to focus on finishing 7th now. Any lower and I really will be pissed off.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Ahh, that was shite. Looked pretty comfortable throughout bar a spell earlier in the second half. Was it a free kick? Yeah, probably. 

The Saintees on here are clearly awful, graceless, tiny-penised winners, but congrats to them anyway because their form has been very good at the right time of the season.

We've simply had too many draws, especially recently, and although the Feb fixture madness has clearly destroyed us, the backlog was still a net result of our Covid-related failings. I don't really believe in karma, but given we escaped any other meaningful punishment, you could still argue we brought the problems on ourselves.

We absolutely have to focus on finishing 7th now. Any lower and I really will be pissed off.

We wont finish 7th . We'll be 9th . 

2 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Another feckin draw. Well after 7 years in top division its good night from us and hello seaside leagues

Only two points in it and still fighting even although we  had half a team out injured as per usual.

Only a certain section of our fans could put a downer on a late goal.Results panned out as I expected with Motherwell already "on the beach".

A few weeks off to recover injury wise although I said in January,the decision NOT to sign two strikers could be a big risk due to our on going injury issues.