Accies v St Mirren 20/03/21

Been a good break for the buddies, time to recover and work on tactics which we didn’t have time to do in February and now we’re one win away from a major achievement in our recent history, open all fury on these guys Goody  COYS

St. Mirren will be heavy heavy favourites for this one. They will undoubtedly be under a lot of pressure to get the win, but honestly, are there enough superlatives for the Buddies? These players don’t let pressure diminish their talents or abilities. 

And the pressure is something which everyone at the club will be fully aware of. If Jim Goodwin or any St. Mirren players happen to read this post, they’d probably be thinking ‘I don’t need The Real Saints to inform me of how embarrassing it would be if we fail to win this one. I’m fully aware of that already and, frankly, it’s a formality.’

4 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

St. Mirren will be heavy heavy favourites for this one. They will undoubtedly be under a lot of pressure to get the win, but honestly, are there enough superlatives for the Buddies? These players don’t let pressure diminish their talents or abilities. 

And the pressure is something which everyone at the club will be fully aware of. If Jim Goodwin or any St. Mirren players happen to read this post, they’d probably be thinking ‘I don’t need The Real Saints to inform me of how embarrassing it would be if we fail to win this one. I’m fully aware of that already and, frankly, it’s a formality.’

If I was Jim Goodwin or any other saints player reading that I'd think "this The Real Saints guy really exudes a considerable amount of 'wee guy' energy".

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

If I was Jim Goodwin or any other saints player reading that I'd think "this The Real Saints guy really exudes a considerable amount of 'wee guy' energy".

Well, thank god you’re not Jim Goodwin or any other Saints player, because that would be a really mean and accurate thing to think.

Edited by The Real Saints

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Bizarre.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Plamph.

It has felt really weird having not played for just over a week. I'd quickly become used to the two-game-per-week cycle. Shame we couldn't have turned a couple of those draws into wins as we would be home and hosed already, but we were dead on our feet and, besides, taking things down to the wire when it seemed easier not to is truly the St Mirren way.

I honestly can't call this game at all. The 1-1 draw at SMP was appalling to watch; I can barely remember our win at the start of the season (though notably Sheron, Foley and Morias all started that, so we're now a much better side on paper.) 

You can barely slide a cigarette paper between the teams in terms of form, too:

image.png.68ae9055c8ded18cae4176c7eaec6fcd.png

Insurance bet fans: a tenner on the only outcome that see us dropping out the top six - St Johnstone win and double chance Accies win/draw - pays about £30.

No matter what happens, St Mirren fans have had the season of their life, and Jim Goodwin should win Manager of the Year.

Shame the fans couldn't be there for this game.

5 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: I'll take that from someone who's made a career out of them.

I've come to think of myself as a bit of a mentor for you, although you really need to pick things up. Still, I've not yet wished my derby rivals and relegation opposition win a game when doing so would negatively affect my own team, so I have to doff my cap to you on this instance.. ;)

Let us have this one please and we will roll over in the cup game for you. Any score you need no questions asked.
Thanks
Accies 

We should do a junior style two games for the price of one here. Make it both the league and the cup tie.
Can understand The Saintees all over this thread, but Motherwell fans? That’s a new one. Are they trying to create a rivalry with us or something? Must be sick of getting pumped by their South Lanarkshire rivals every time they play them.
We used to have a terrible record at Hamilton, then Goody was appointed.
Since then we have played there twice and won twice. MacPherson scored last season in a 1-0 win and Obika in a 1-0 win at the start of this season. Same again would be just fine.
A draw is fairly useless to us here, only a win will guarantee top six. With this in mind I expect we will see a fairly attacking line up and an open game. I know Dennis has been training, would be great news if he was to feature.
If we don’t make it it’s certainly not the end of the world. What any football club wants is season on season progression and we have been doing that since 2017 when we finished 8th in the Championship. If we can manage four seasons in a row where we finish higher than we did in the previous season it will be clear we are moving in the right direction.
The fact we even have the opportunity to finish top six after all the off field shenanigans, the cup run and the subsequent fixture pile up is quite something in itself.
Accies will be tough be as usual but I think we will edge it 0-1.

In what's been a grim season for us, St Mirren breaking a glorious run of finishing lower than 'Well every year since the Berlin Wall fell (or the advent of the World Wide Web, or any other amusing historical landmark that feels appropriate) would be almost too much. An Accies win (or a draw) to keep this tinpot pettiness alive for a few more weeks would be quite good.

That said, I think I'm right in saying that back in the mists of time, when Saints did last manage it, Accies got relegated that season and then spent countless years casting around the seaside leagues, groundless while the heart was slowly ripped out of the club.

Something for everyone there.