Jump to content

Lyndon Dykes


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Replacing who?

Going by their respective teams it doesn’t seem ridiculous to say he could replace McKenna in the squad. I don’t know how either of them are playing though so I might just be talking a load of hot air - someone who pays more attention to the English Championship would know.

Last time I saw Souttar play he was on loan at Ross County and looked like a lumbering mess. He’s presumably came on a bit since then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Going by their respective teams it doesn’t seem ridiculous to say he could replace McKenna in the squad. I don’t know how either of them are playing though so I might just be talking a load of hot air - someone who pays more attention to the English Championship would know.

Last time I saw Souttar play he was on loan at Ross County and looked like a lumbering mess. He’s presumably came on a bit since then.

McKenna's not in our team either though. When Hanley was suspended we still played 3 other centre halves and brought Cooper on ahead of him. At very best Souttar would be 5th choice. And he is competing with the likes of Gallagher and Considine for that. 

Neither Souttar nor Boyle would be in our team. They might have a half chance in a 22 man squad. Maybe. Souttar would have a better shot than Boyle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boyle would probably never have been capped by Scotlland. 

Souttar probably would have been, he's a bit of a loss but not a massive one. Would certainly rather have Dykes.

Given the travelling time from Europe it's a strange call from Souttar. If he does go the EPL as the rumours suggest he'll be under pressure to cut the round the world trips to play diddies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

McKenna's not in our team either though. When Hanley was suspended we still played 3 other centre halves and brought Cooper on ahead of him. At very best Souttar would be 5th choice. And he is competing with the likes of Gallagher and Considine for that. 

Neither Souttar nor Boyle would be in our team. They might have a half chance in a 22 man squad. Maybe. Souttar would have a better shot than Boyle.

I’m aware of all this. That’s why I said squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

What's the most goals a Scotland player has got in one calendar year? Fletcher with 7 must be up there?

Law got 11 in 1963
Stein got 8 in 1969
McGinn got 7 in 2019
Fletcher got 7 in 2015
Dalglish got 7 in 1977

Post war anyway

While looking this up I saw that four of Dykes six goals have been winners and the other two were the equalising goals in games we went on to win. He knows how to pick em

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Law got 11 in 1963
Stein got 8 in 1969
McGinn got 7 in 2019
Fletcher got 7 in 2015
Dalglish got 7 in 1977

Post war anyway
Fs how could I forget McGinn?

Dykes could've got about 20 this year tbh.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Law got 11 in 1963
Stein got 8 in 1969
McGinn got 7 in 2019
Fletcher got 7 in 2015
Dalglish got 7 in 1977

Post war anyway

Fletcher got 7...against Gibraltar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, accies1874 said:

One was against Poland too so f**k you

Aye, the c**t scored one decent goal 

Did nothing in umpteen internationals 

And took the huff and wouldn't play for about 2 years 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Stein got 8 in 1969

Ashamed to say I had to google him. Ended up with Elgin City in the Highland League.

P.S. Remember Colin Stein now obviously, after the reminder, hell of a player and man about town..

12222245?type=responsive-gallery-fullscr

Edited by welshbairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2021 at 01:51, Satoshi said:

Boyle would probably never have been capped by Scotlland. 

Souttar probably would have been, he's a bit of a loss but not a massive one. Would certainly rather have Dykes.

Given the travelling time from Europe it's a strange call from Souttar. If he does go the EPL as the rumours suggest he'll be under pressure to cut the round the world trips to play diddies.

This is nonsense, if Nisbet has nearly 10 caps then Boyle would most certainly have that and possibly more, a far superior player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

This is nonsense, if Nisbet has nearly 10 caps then Boyle would most certainly have that and possibly more, a far superior player.

He plays a different position though (and a position we don't really play). Unless he's challenging Fraser as an out of position wingback.

 

Not convinced Nisbet is the answer either but he got his first cap years before Boyle was capped by Australia. If we had wanted the latter it wouldn't have been too hard to get him. For the former, he still has room to grow and has developed a lot in the last few years.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

He plays a different position though (and a position we don't really play). Unless he's challenging Fraser as an out of position wingback.

 

Not convinced Nisbet is the answer either but he got his first cap years before Boyle was capped by Australia. If we had wanted the latter it wouldn't have been too hard to get him. For the former, he still has room to grow and has developed a lot in the last few years.

 

Eh? Boyle got capped 3 years ago. Nisbet only got capped this year.

Edited by gannonball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

He plays a different position though (and a position we don't really play). Unless he's challenging Fraser as an out of position wingback.

 

Not convinced Nisbet is the answer either but he got his first cap years before Boyle was capped by Australia. If we had wanted the latter it wouldn't have been too hard to get him. For the former, he still has room to grow and has developed a lot in the last few years.

 

That’s just not true sir, he’s played up front pretty much all season and alot of last season.

He also plays there for Australia.

And Nisbet got his first cap for Scotland in March, Boyle was capped by Australia in 2018.

Edited by Les Cabbage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...