Lyndon Dykes

edinabear

15 hours ago, RobbieD said:

We are doing better. That’s the whole point. You expect us to jump from a pot 4 team to a pot 1?

Yes Robbie in that we're on the cusp of a play off place. Results have been great but nerve shredded struggles in the North Atlantic I'd hoped were behind us. 

Would be delighted with Pot 1 but am just glad of the improvement. 

Do I expect more improvement? Hell yes.

2 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

Yes Robbie in that we're on the cusp of a play off place. Results have been great but nerve shredded struggles in the North Atlantic I'd hoped were behind us. 

Would be delighted with Pot 1 but am just glad of the improvement. 

How much more improvement do you expect?  Serious question. We’ve gone from being a constant laughing stock and disappointment to actually qualifying for tournaments and looking like a half decent team regularly rather than the odd game here or there.  I’d love more improvement but I don’t expect it. If we don’t qualify (which if we are honest, we’ll do really well to win two playoffs again), I can’t take that as failure. The last 20 odd years we weren’t in close. We are pretty much at our expected level now. Automatic qualification is pretty much never going to happen any more of us. 

2 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

7 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

How much more improvement do you expect?  Serious question. We’ve gone from being a constant laughing stock and disappointment to actually qualifying for tournaments and looking like a half decent team regularly rather than the odd game here or there.  I’d love more improvement but I don’t expect it. If we don’t qualify (which if we are honest, we’ll do really well to win two playoffs again), I can’t take that as failure. The last 20 odd years we weren’t in close. We are pretty much at our expected level now. Automatic qualification is pretty much never going to happen any more of us. 

I was going to post something similar. If you're always looking to the best case scenario for your benchmark (Wales, Iceland, Denmark) then it probably explains why you'd be left disappointed so often. Why can't you be happy with what we're achieving now? Always wanting more.

Edited by 2426255

5 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I was going to post something similar. If you're always looking to the best case scenario for your benchmark (Wales, Iceland, Denmark) then it probably explains why you'd be left disappointed so often. Why can't you be happy with what we're achieving now? Always wanting more.

Nothing more with wanting more. I’ll forever want more with Scotland. I’m also realistic and recognise where our is/should be, who we can compete with and know the overall quality of our players. Without top level attacking players, we are always going to struggle to complete at the highest level. 

1 hour ago, RobbieD said:

Nothing more with wanting more. I’ll forever want more with Scotland. I’m also realistic and recognise where our is/should be, who we can compete with and know the overall quality of our players. Without top level attacking players, we are always going to struggle to complete at the highest level. 

Agree with all of that. Attacking players is an issue. Defence is by no means convincing and there's defo room for improvement there.  IMHO the best squad in quite a while so optimistic but hope realistic also. Whoever gets us in the play offs will fancy it.

On 24/10/2021 at 11:45, RobbieD said:

Yes fancy Spain to do it myself,if we can somehow land pot 2 for the Euro draw would bite your hand off for myself 

Hopefully we at least get the easier teams in the knock out for world cup though to pick up those co efficancy points would love to draw Albania again to start off with

Saw the headline this morning that QPR went out of the cup in England due to a "shocking penalty miss".
I automatically feared it was Dykes who had failed, turns out he was the only QPR player who actually netted a penalty!
There were a couple of shockers:

32 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Best aussie since Magrot Robbie 

Get it up the England because there jobbie 

Dykes dykes Dykes 

Strikes Strikes strikes 

Cringy enough for everyone?

Nick Cave looks like Boaby the barman 

Soutar and Boyle up sticked it to Darwan 

But we got our own Croc Dundee

Gone yerself big Dykes and give it laldy 

2 hours ago, tartanbrush said: