Lyndon Dykes

edinabear

Dykes even said that before he came to Livi he couldn't header the ball :D Livi done a hell of a lot of work turning him into a proper number 9. We drilled runs across the front post into him the entire time he was with us. It's clear to see the growth he had with us, he didn't turn up at Livi anywhere near where he's at now. 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Dykes even said that before he came to Livi he couldn't header the ball :D Livi done a hell of a lot of work turning him into a proper number 9. We drilled runs across the front post into him the entire time he was with us. It's clear to see the growth he had with us, he didn't turn up at Livi anywhere near where he's at now. 

The potentially exciting thing about Dykes is that there could be huge levels of improvement still to go... 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

The potentially exciting thing about Dykes is that there could be huge levels of improvement still to go... 

Exactly, the consensus when he came to us was that he was a great athlete and an average footballer. He had a huge physical advantage on most people in the Premiership alone (as Jullien found out :D). I think he picked up football late and actually was playing Rugby and Football at the same time in Australia. Think he did an interview with us where he said he loves just smashing folk and it came from his time playing rugby - also said he isn't afraid of getting smashed or going into 50/50s. His footballing development started late so in theory he has a ridiculously high ceiling. 

It says a lot that he only spent one season with us and after 2-3 months looked far too good for this level. Feel like Celtic and Rangers will see him as another McGinn in a few years time, if only they'd stuck their hands in their pockets.

On 17/10/2021 at 12:14, RobbieD said:

Success for us this year was making the play offs which we pretty much have in the bank at this point barring a disaster in Moldova.  Anything more is a bonus. 

I can see the knives coming out again if we lose in the play offs.  That’s the dunderheids opportunity to blether shite for the next year.

By dunderheids talking shite you mean those folk who thought the Euros performance was an underachievement.  We all recognise any play off will be difficult going forward 

12 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

By dunderheids talking shite you mean those folk who thought the Euros performance was an underachievement.  We all recognise any play off will be difficult going forward 

Them, folk who think we have this right to qualify for tournaments and people who thought Clarke should get the sack after the Euros.

On 19/10/2021 at 22:18, RobbieD said:

Them, folk who think we have this right to qualify for tournaments and people who thought Clarke should get the sack after the Euros.

Is easy to think we're not good enough to compete a higher level. Totally disagree with the great squad of players we have. Must do better

22 minutes ago, Ken Deans said:

Is easy to think we're not good enough to compete a higher level. Totally disagree with the great squad of players we have. Must do better

This reminds me of a quote from PG Woodhouse - "It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.

Many of our fans are inherrent pessimists desperate to complain about anything. Others will have inflated expectations and then berate the team when they don't meet them.

It's fascinating, I'm sure it exists in other countries too but maybe not to the same extent. 

Just now, Satoshi said:

This reminds me of a quote from PG Woodhouse - "It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.

Many of our fans are inherrent pessimists desperate to complain about anything. Others will have inflated expectations and then berate the team when they don't meet them.

It's fascinating, I'm sure it exists in other countries too but maybe not to the same extent. 

I dont think its as black and white as that, there's more positions than being an inherent pessimist or having inflated expectations.

Suppose viewing others opinions is all relative, to your own frame of mind.

I think as a nation were generally quite pessimistic when it comes to football. And understandably so.

What I find bizarre tho is peoples anger and vitriol to different opinions to their own.

I think we could be playing better, but I'm not angry that others disagree while some agree.

On 21/10/2021 at 15:36, Satoshi said:

Up to a point though my pessimism is born of watching Scotland for over 50 years. Our best performances have always been when our backs are to the wall. Would be nice to start a tournament we'll. 

Am sure Wales and Iceland fans had a natural pessimism before qualifying and then going deep in tourneys. Not managed that ever bar the HI s and Kirin Cup.

For me the performances have been less than the sum of our parts

3 hours ago, Ken Deans said:

Up to a point though my pessimism is born of watching Scotland for over 50 years. Our best performances have always been when our backs are to the wall. Would be nice to start a tournament we'll. 

Am sure Wales and Iceland fans had a natural pessimism before qualifying and then going deep in tourneys. Not managed that ever bar the HI s and Kirin Cup.

For me the performances have been less than the sum of our parts

that is pretty much my take on it also. 

On 21/10/2021 at 15:11, Ken Deans said:

We are doing better. That’s the whole point. You expect us to jump from a pot 4 team to a pot 1?

5 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I cant find the quote where he says he expects us to be a pot 1 team?

Perhaps you can quote it?

Are you asking questions or just putting “?” at the end of your sentences?

That is a question by the way.