Lyndon Dykes

edinabear

• 2 weeks later...

From Sky Sports News:

QPR's Mark Warburton: "For Lyndon to go down - he never goes down and he's as hard as a piece of teak. But I don't think the doctor was too concerned and Lyndon was desperate to come back onto the pitch because he thought he was OK. The doctor said he wanted to be cautious, and we'll always listen to the medical staff. So that was more precautionary, I hope."

[emoji1696]

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

From Sky Sports News:

QPR's Mark Warburton: "For Lyndon to go down - he never goes down and he's as hard as a piece of teak. But I don't think the doctor was too concerned and Lyndon was desperate to come back onto the pitch because he thought he was OK. The doctor said he wanted to be cautious, and we'll always listen to the medical staff. So that was more precautionary, I hope."

emoji1696.png

That sounds a bit more positive. Getting injured in the final match of the season is a cruel blow. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm loving the big fella, and I don't want to come across as a foaming virgin here... but...

... In his interview tonight he referred to Scotland as "them" consistently. I found that a wee bit deflating. I know it really only matters how he plays for Scotland, but it kind of spoils the picture a bit. A wee search on YouTube confirms he has felt Australian all the way really. Not surprising, given his background... Just tarnishes the imagery a wee bit.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

I'm loving the big fella, and I don't want to come across as a foaming virgin here... but...

... In his interview tonight he referred to Scotland as "them" consistently. I found that a wee bit deflating. I know it really only matters how he plays for Scotland, but it kind of spoils the picture a bit. A wee search on YouTube confirms he has felt Australian all the way really. Not surprising, given his background... Just tarnishes the imagery a wee bit.

Got to be honest, I couldn't give a toss if he "feels Australian" as long as he keeps banging in the goals in a Scotland shirt.

He's referred to Scotland as "us" and "we" in plenty of interviews, he sings the national anthem before kickoff. If he didn't "feel scottish" he wouldn't have chosen to play for us. He's not the most polished with the media but I've noticed him improving slightly. Listening back to some of his early interviews as a Livi player and it's night and day already. As a player he's got the potential to improve even more and that's the most exciting thing. Genuinely can see him playing in the EPL and being a fair success.