Summerhouses/Garden Bars/Sitooteries

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone have any, lets see them. I am looking for some inspiration. 

Theres a facebook page called Pub Sheds Scotland. Join that to see some cracking builds

Wouldn't be for me that but not sure I'd be calling someone on P&B's relative "the dregs of society" based on a couple of photos of a shed.

I'd love a room with a pool table, dart board, massive telly for sport, perfect draft and a sub with some Falkirk stuff on the wall. Stuff like bar stools, the crisps on the wall or signs saying LIVE SPORT SHOWN HERE or a name for your "pub" are steps too far for me.

I thought about getting a decent sized shed and putting a gym in it. Unfortunately my other half also wanted to use it as a shed for storing things so it became a no go as it wouldn't have been big enough for both.

We've got a regular sized shed coming in a few weeks but I'm guessing that photos of a lawnmower and some garden tools isn't the sort of inspiration your looking for.

A guy I know on Facebook has turned half of his living room into a bar, it looks absolutely horrendous and completely pointless as he still ends up sitting in his living room drinking cans of pish lager.

53 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

A guy I know on Facebook has turned half of his living room into a bar, it looks absolutely horrendous and completely pointless as he still ends up sitting in his living room drinking cans of pish lager.

I think you have to watch with pouring money into trying to recreate somethnig like a pub, thats never going to be as good, and the point anyway is to get out the house. 

I want a wee summerhouse with a covered bit in front of it, so that theres somewhere to mount heaters, maybe have a fridge in it to store my beer kegs in becuase I do actually need somewhere for them, and give me somewhere to cook outdoors if its raining. I dont want it to be a pub, but it would need to have some storage/refrigeration capacity. 

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Can't help people thinking some people are grossly overestimating how often their mates want to come and sit in their garden drinking tins of tennents rather than go to the pub

Some people might not give a f**k and just want there own space and if mates come around then that's fine. Nae qualms here.