The Carpet Crawlers

ABACAB (single version)

That's a bit of an outlier...

The Musical Box

Burning Rope

Ripples

The Cinema Show

Get 'em Out By Friday

As an aside Watcher of the Skies from Foxtrot was inspired by Arthur C. Clarke's novel Childhood's End and also inspired tracks by other Prog bands like Pink Floyd and Van Der Graf Generator.

Edited by btb

29 minutes ago, btb said:

That's a bit of an outlier....

Aye, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of most late Genesis tracks, but I loved the ABACAB single.

If you went to see Genesis in the latter period, the two tracks you'd be guaranteed to hear would be Invisible Touch and Home by the Sea, both of which are appalling. 

Early Genesis with Gabriel were brilliant.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Aye, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of most late Genesis tracks, but I loved the ABACAB single.

If you went to see Genesis in the latter period, the two tracks you'd be guaranteed to hear would be Invisible Touch and Home by the Sea, both of which are appalling. 

Early Genesis with Gabriel were brilliant.

Saw them on the ...and Then There Were Three... (Glasgow Apollo) and Abacab (Ingleston) tours - first was better probly because the Apollo was a proper theatre. The band played Musical Box (Glasgow) & Suppers Ready (Ingleston) as well as Cinema Show, Firth of Fifth and I Know What I Like... at both shows, so quite a bit of Gabrial era stuff.

Listening to the 2007 reunion tour it was noticeable to me how much more of a "singer" Collins had become which I felt detracted from their best work - up to the 1984 Genesis elpee. 

24 minutes ago, btb said:

Saw them on the ...and Then There Were Three... (Glasgow Apollo) and Abacab (Ingleston) tours - first was better probly because the Apollo was a proper theatre. The band played Musical Box (Glasgow) & Suppers Ready (Ingleston) as well as Cinema Show, Firth of Fifth and I Know What I Like... at both shows, so quite a bit of Gabrial era stuff.

Listening to the 2007 reunion tour it was noticeable to me how much more of a "singer" Collins had become which I felt detracted from their best work - up to the 1984 Genesis elpee. 

Quite like the footage of the first post-Gabriel tour with Bill Bruford on drums.

This is actually really good:

15 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Supper's Ready

Firth of Fifth

The Cinema Show

The Carpet Crawlers

ABACAB (single version)

That's much the same as my picks. Except I'll put Stagnation from Trespass in at number 5. Trespass was the first early Genesis album I listened to.