Kilmarnock memories - What a ride!

45 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I went to a bar called the Loudoun Arms and sang Zombie by the cranberries on karaoke absolutely steaming. I just assumed it was a Rangers bar cos the name.

Easy to confuse Loudoun and Louden I suppose.  Nothing Rangers about it, a good old Ayrshire name.

Now I know that it’s a bit out of whack with my previous update being the start of the 94/95 season but this video I will share is worth a watch by everyone - Killie fans, Celtic fans and everyone else.

This is the story of Tommy Burns move to Celtic as shown through news reports etc. Some brilliant little snippets in here mixed in with Celtic having zero morals.

Edited by Sortmeout

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Tommy Coyne goals against Kilmarnock is it?

You don't happen to have the 3-0 game from 2002ish when Killie ended up with 8 men, do you? 

Pretty sure Andy McLaren got a second yellow for arguing with punters in the away end behind the goal. Great day out and a cracking goal from Dougie Ramsey. 

1995:

After securing our place in the top flight again at the end of the 94/95 season we were ready to officially open the updated version of Rugby Park against English PL Champions Blackburn including Alan Shearer who got on the scoresheet as we were soundly humped 5-0.

I also remember us playing Man City in a friendly around the same time and losing 4-0 or 4-1 I think. 

With the recently signed Paul Wright ready to lead the line for his first full season with the club with his old St Johnstone manager Alex Totten in charge things were looking up for us as a club, although the season would still be a struggle.

On 15/03/2021 at 17:05, capt_oats said:

Tommy Coyne goals against Kilmarnock is it?

That feckin' passback decision at 3 minutes 😖

Andrew Waddell was on Off The Ball a few years later and said it was the worst call of his career.

On 14/03/2021 at 19:27, sergie's no1 fan said:

Packing the away end + part of our stand and giving us a right good hiding with players like Eremenko and Bryson running riot.

The best I have seen a Scottish team play probably ever.

Think it was only 2-0 they beat us but they were streets ahead.

That's one of my favourite away days in recent memory. Mixu had us playing like Arsenal for 6 months back then. Clarke's team is undoubtedly the best Killie team I've ever seen, but the Mixu/Eremenko team I'd argue was the most fun.