Nathan Paterson

There are two possible scenarios here:

1) Steve Clarke, a man who has previously convinced Lyndon Dykes, Che Adams and Jacob Brown to play for us, and has made it very clear he has spoken to other English-born players, has decided to completely ignore Tino Livramento, one of the most promising young full-backs in English football.

2) Steve Clarke has spoken to him and he doesn't want to play for us.

If you think those two things are equally likely then by all means claim you have no idea, but I tend to base my views on common sense.

Just now, craigkillie said:

1) Steve Clarke, a man who has previously convinced Lyndon Dykes, Che Adams and Jacob Brown to play for us, and has made it very clear he has spoken to other English-born players, has decided to completely ignore Tino Livramento, one of the most promising young full-backs in English football.

If you think those two things are equally likely then by all means claim you have no idea, but I tend to base my views on common sense.

Not really craig, there are multiple scenarios that could or could not have happened. Saying their is only 2 is to try and justify your amateur mind reading act.

3. Clarke doesn't fancy him

4. Livremento has said, "maybe ill come back to you further down the line"

5. Clarke is maybe thinking about approaching him further down the line.

I could go on, but its pretty pointless. I dont know either Clarke or Livremento so trying to guess how their thinking of feeling is pretty ridiculous.

Pretty much what bing said: you're offering us two possibilities when in fact there are many. I was just trying to point out that baseless aspect of your argument. Has Livramento rejected an approach? You don't know, nor do I and neither does bing. Get over it.

By your logic, any potentially eligible player who has not committed to Scotland yet, never will (because SSC has already "completed" his recruitment). That's just nonsense. Remember: *nuance* [emoji6].

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Pretty much what bing said. I was just trying to point out the baseless part of your argument. Has Livramento rejected an approach? You don't know, nor do I and neither does bing. Get over it.

By your logic, any potentially eligible player who has not committed to Scotland yet, never will (because SSC has already "completed" his recruitment). That's just nonsense. Remember: *nuance* emoji6.png.

If I were to guess I'd say my scenario 4 is most likely. Hes actually been the one in the past bringing up his eligibility for us and Portugal.

(Told a Q&A on the Premier League side’s YouTube channel that his mum has pushed him to play for Scotland when asked whether his dad would like to see him represent Portugal, saying: “He’s never fully said it but you kind of see that you wouldn’t mind it.

“I think my mum’s probably more the one who wants me to play for Scotland over anyone.”)

So hes certainly had the chance to shut down the option of playing for us and hasn't done so. He maybe weighing up his options which he's perfectly entitled to do. He might end up in a squad soon if he fancys going to the world Cup (touch wood). 

Also he is a good young player, but he's playing for Southampton. A middle of the road premier club, its not like he's turning out for Man Citys every week. Its not ridiculous he would play for us. Were a much more attractive team to play for now.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

If I were to guess I'd say my scenario 4 is most likely. Hes actually been the one in the past bringing up his eligibility for us and Portugal.
(Told a Q&A on the Premier League side’s YouTube channel that his mum has pushed him to play for Scotland when asked whether his dad would like to see him represent Portugal, 
: “He’s never fully said it but you kind of see that you wouldn’t mind it.
“I think my mum’s probably more the one who wants me to play for Scotland over anyone.”)
So hes certainly had the chance to shut down the option of playing for us and hasn't done so. He maybe weighing up his options which he's perfectly entitled to do. He might end up in a squad soon if he fancys going to the world Cup (touch wood). 
Also he is a good young player, but he's playing for Southampton. A middle of the road premier club, its not like he's turning out for Man Citys every week. Its not ridiculous he would play for us. Were a much more attractive team to play for now.

Interesting background, thanks.
There's also a pretty obvious precedent staring us in the face: did Che Adams not knock us back previously stating he wanted to keep his options open?
The bonehead response to this - should anyone want to use it - would be "oh but that was during the McLeish reign".

On 26/03/2022 at 23:37, craigkillie said:

See with Livaramento and other young English players, is it advantageous for them to remain "English" for a while, for home grown status and all that, or does nationality not matter, just where you were developed as a youngster?

Just now, GAD said:

See with Livaramento and other young English players, is it advantageous for them to remain "English" for a while, for home grown status and all that, or does nationality not matter, just where you were developed as a youngster?

It doesn't matter they are classed as homegrown depending on years in the club or English system. The nationality is irrelevant.

On 26/03/2022 at 23:47, BingMcCrosby said:

Not really craig, there are multiple scenarios that could or could not have happened. Saying their is only 2 is to try and justify your amateur mind reading act.

3. Clarke doesn't fancy him

4. Livremento has said, "maybe ill come back to you further down the line"

5. Clarke is maybe thinking about approaching him further down the line.

I could go on, but its pretty pointless. I dont know either Clarke or Livremento so trying to guess how their thinking of feeling is pretty ridiculous.

He's either spoken to him, or he hasn't. Your Options 3 & 5 are the same as 1). Option 4 is a potential outcome of speaking to him 2).

If Livramento turns out for us, it will either be in a few of years time, with his England/Portugal prospects having diminished somewhat, or this Winter at best by the dangling carrot of a place in the World Cup squad.    

Just now, Streets of Raith said:

He's either spoken to him, or he hasn't. Your Options 3 & 5 are the same as 1). Option 4 is a potential outcome of speaking to him 2).

If Livramento turns out for us, it will either be in a few of years time, with his England/Portugal prospects having diminished somewhat, or this Winter at best by the dangling carrot of a place in the World Cup squad.    

If your looking at it as basic as hes spoken to him or hasn't then there is 2 possibilities.

In real terms tho discussing the option with him produces alot of possible outcomes. Not only the one which was presented.

18 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not in todays Everton squad.

Lampard has left Coleman out of this afternoon's squad and there have been no reports of an injury.

He has put two inexperienced U23s on the bench - Price (midfielder) and Dobbin (forward). 

That sends a message to Patterson who needs a move in the summer to progress. 

21 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Lampard has left Coleman out of this afternoon's squad and there have been no reports of an injury.

He has put two inexperienced U23s on the bench - Price (midfielder) and Dobbin (forward). 

That sends a message to Patterson who needs a move in the summer to progress. 

What message is Lampard trying to send to Patterson? That he should've avoided getting injured?

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

What message is Lampard trying to send to Patterson? That he should've avoided getting injured?

Injured? The media expected Patterson to be given a start.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-line-ups-nathan-patterson-23580563

https://www.footballinsider247.com/everton-news-nathan-patterson-in-line-to-start-v-west-ham-after-latest-pundit/

Just now, accies1874 said:

Feel free to apologise in public or through PM

That was only posted after Van Der Beek was injured in the warm-up.

Everton did not mention those injuries when the teams were posted on the club website before kick-off.

There had been no media reports of Patterson being injured.

That was only posted after Van Der Beek was injured in the warm-up.
Everton did not mention those injuries when the teams were posted on the club website before kick-off.
There had been no media reports of Patterson being injured.

Apologise now