Nathan Paterson

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Reports that Everton might look to loan him out. All our best players getting jettisoned by their clubs this season imo.

Provided the assist for Everton's first goal today.

Nathan Patterson will be a fixture at right back for Scotland in years to come.

However, he's not arrived yet at club level - either at Rangers or Everton.

He's a more regular pick for Scotland than ever he is at club level.

Sadly that is the fact of the matter.

11 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Nathan Patterson will be a fixture at right back for Scotland in years to come.

However, he's not arrived yet at club level - either at Rangers or Everton.

He's a more regular pick for Scotland than ever he is at club level.

Sadly that is the fact of the matter.

Not sure about this, he has alot of potential competition coming thru. Ramsey at Liverpool I could see overtaking him in future, also Ashby at West ham doing well in pre season. Add to that potentially Hickey if as expected by some he starts turning out on the right for Brentford. And the small chance of liveramento coming over to us.

Adding Patterson to that list its a real position of strength for us and a great problem to have.

He seems to have been the one starting at RB for Everton in preseason and I think their only other player in that position is Coleman who probably should have been put out to grass a few seasons ago.

Unless they buy someone in it sounds unlikely he’d go on loan.

5 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yep, would be an odd move. Fans seem to have taken to him as well. 

Important season for him this year, you now have Ashby making his mark in the first team for West Ham, and I would imagine he will play the majority of games in Europe. Saw him on Saturday against Luton and he has obviously been hitting the gym during pre-season, really bulked up. Two very decent prospects in a position Scotland have been light in for a good few years. 

https://www.whufc.com/news/ashby-takes-aim-first-team-squad-place

His agent's come out and said a loan isn't being considered. Rumour seems to have come from Everton wanting to sign Max Aarons from Norwich, and someone's come up with the idea that Patterson could go on loan as part of the deal.

Hopefully he gets his chance in the first team, though a loan as first choice in the Championship wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if it were to happen.

8 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yep, would be an odd move. Fans seem to have taken to him as well. 

Important season for him this year, you now have Ashby making his mark in the first team for West Ham, and I would imagine he will play the majority of games in Europe. Saw him on Saturday against Luton and he has obviously been hitting the gym during pre-season, really bulked up. Two very decent prospects in a position Scotland have been light in for a good few years. 

https://www.whufc.com/news/ashby-takes-aim-first-team-squad-place

Good to hear. I remember seeing him in one or two West Ham games, think it was the early rounds of their Europa League run, and he looked decent. 

Everton fans are convinced he’s not going on loan and will in fact be getting first choice minutes in the league this year. Apparently smashing it in preseason. 
I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, but he apparently struggled in the two before yesterday.
He seems to have been the one starting at RB for Everton in preseason and I think their only other player in that position is Coleman who probably should have been put out to grass a few seasons ago.
Iwobi played RWB a few times last season and did alright. Godfrey could potentially move out to RB too. I hope he sticks around and starts, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reports are true and Lampard doesn't trust him yet.

On 25/07/2022 at 16:07, accies1874 said:

I haven't seen any of the pre-season games, but he apparently struggled in the two before yesterday. Iwobi played RWB a few times last season and did alright. Godfrey could potentially move out to RB too. I hope he sticks around and starts, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reports are true and Lampard doesn't trust him yet.

Reports aren't true he said its paper talk pish