Nathan Paterson

Feel for the lad. Don't think he actually did anything wrong in the match against Boreham Wood. And it's never easy to go into what was effectively their reserve squad and be able to stand out as well as he could with a closer to starting XI. 

Not that I'm defending Lampard or anything, but I suspect that from their perspective, in their situation, the stakes are now too high to simply throw in an untested, inexperienced lad in the team. Mind you, couldn't do much worse than Coleman who's a shadow of the player he used to be and has been for some time now.  

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Relegation to the championship might be the best thing for him in that case. 

And us, for the hilarity.

But mainly for NP to get game time in a league where, you would hope, mistakes won't be so costly.

A year in the Championship did Andy Robertson no harm at all.

On 11/03/2022 at 12:24, monthefife said:

Feel for the lad. Don't think he actually did anything wrong in the match against Boreham Wood. And it's never easy to go into what was effectively their reserve squad and be able to stand out as well as he could with a closer to starting XI. 

Not that I'm defending Lampard or anything, but I suspect that from their perspective, in their situation, the stakes are now too high to simply throw in an untested, inexperienced lad in the team. Mind you, couldn't do much worse than Coleman who's a shadow of the player he used to be and has been for some time now.  

I actually though Lampard was a bit daft. Given it was the cup, I thought it would have been better to leave him on and let him get a bit of confidence and give them a chance to see him in a competitive game for them.

Coleman is pretty poor now and Patterson could have been a useful replacement, but as you say, you can’t throw him into high pressure crunch matches. A game or two in the cup might have brought him on a bit confidence wise and given the fans know they are in a relegation fight, would probably have gotten the point of it.

Edited by Jambomo

12 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Lampard has (again) left Patterson out of this afternoon's squad against Wolves.

Unlike Branthwaite (who moved up to the first team squad this season), he's not even getting a game for the under 23s.

His confidence must be shattered.

Just demand a move at the end of the season 

No one should be expected to stay somewhere where are not even given a chance 

17 minutes ago, Binos said:

Just demand a move at the end of the season 

No one should be expected to stay somewhere where are not even given a chance 

Lampard should send him out on loan in the summer. It seems that Patterson will continue to be frozen out this season..

It's hard to see how he can perform at his best for Scotland if he's not playing any competitive football.

Happens all the time in football. Player gets a dream move only for his new manager to be sacked and the replacement doesn’t fancy him.

He needs to be in Lampard’s office demanding to know what the plans are for him. Getting sent out on loan may be necessary. 

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Happens all the time in football. Player gets a dream move only for his new manager to be sacked and the replacement doesn’t fancy him.

He needs to be in Lampard’s office demanding to know what the plans are for him. Getting sent out on loan may be necessary. 

Lampard might not be in Lampards office soon 

26 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Don't think the manager that signed him fancied him either 

It’s just weird management though. The absolute opposite of building up a young player and giving him some confidence.

I mean, it’s fair that they might not think he is ready or at that level yet but they kept naming him as a sub, then play him in a cup game against lower league opposition where he plays really well so he gets taken off at half-time and then dropped entirely. He must be wondering now what he has to do to get a chance to play anywhere at this point. 

I don’t get why they don’t at least play him in the U23s to keep some level of match fitness and get game time.