Nathan Paterson

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

On the contrary, they need to be experimental now ..or they will go down. Their so called established players have lost interest

Well tht is true. Maybe I should have said they won’t be experimental just now - they haven’t got enough new players in who are up to speed that would make a difference.

I like Patterson and think he’d probably be better than what’s there at the moment but if he played and had a nightmare then everyone would immediately be on him, it’s happened already to their new left-back after 2 games. This isn’t a great time from his point of view to start playing. 

19 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

At Norwich and Hull, Benitez started Coleman with Patterson and Kenny on the bench. 

Against Villa, Ferguson started Kenny, benched Coleman (club captain) and left Patterson out of the squad. He knows the squad very well and made his preferences clear.

To put your last comment in context, Coleman is 33 out out of contract next year. Kenny is out of contract at the end of this season and can negotiate with other clubs. 

The reality is that Patterson was Gerrard's second choice at Rangers and will have to fight to get on the bench at Everton. I hope he succeeds but he will have to prove to the new manager that he can cut it in the EPL.

😅

An awful take that makes no account of what I posted.

This stellar analysis was brought to you by.....two games (both defeats) 😂

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

😅

An awful take that makes no account of what I posted.

This stellar analysis was brought to you by.....two games (both defeats) 😂

Yes they were two defeats that resulted in Benitez being sacked. As a result, Ferguson decided to make changes and dropped Coleman to the bench. 

Ferguson had a choice of two alternative RBs to replace Coleman. Having watched them in training in the last few weeks, he picked Kenny. Patterson and Mykolenko were left out of the squad. 

You may disagree with Ferguson's decisions but they were based on his "stellar" analysis. He won't lose any sleep over upsetting numpties like you.

10 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Yes they were two defeats that resulted in Benitez being sacked. As a result, Ferguson decided to make changes and dropped Coleman to the bench. 

Ferguson had a choice of two alternative RBs to replace Coleman. Having watched them in training in the last few weeks, he picked Kenny. Patterson and Mykolenko were left out of the squad. 

You may disagree with Ferguson's decisions but they were based on his "stellar" analysis. He won't lose any sleep over upsetting numpties like you.

He'll lose sleep over losing home games 

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Or he has seen Coleman and Kenny for years and Patterson (and Mykolenko) for weeks.

Taking longer to bed new signings happens to virtually every player at the elite level now. Rather than considering two games why not look at Kennys contract expiring end of the year and Colemans end of next year - Everton gave Patterson a 5 and a half year deal. It's quite clear who the club rates.

But still third choice based on two games 😅

Fight his way to the bench 😅

I think he would probably still be in, we don't have many great options in his position.

But it would depend on the context as well, Robertson only got in the Liverpool team when Moreno was injured - very different circumstances but there was no real suggestion of him being dropped by Scotland. If Paterson is eating pizza hut every night then no. If he's showing up well in training then yes.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I think he would probably still be in, we don't have many great options in his position.

But it would depend on the context as well, Robertson only got in the Liverpool team when Moreno was injured - very different circumstances but there was no real suggestion of him being dropped by Scotland. If Paterson is eating pizza hut every night then no. If he's showing up well in training then yes.

I dont even think this should necessarily rule him out. He might be gorging at the salad bar.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

The nominated food outlet for this part of the forum is Burger King M8

I wouldn't be overly concerned right now about his lack of first team football. It's always going to be difficult to go straight into a Premier League side, but with Patterson it may simply be a case of him lacking match sharpness due to the limited game time he got at us. Who knows, but I'd still think he will be our first choice RB for the play off matches, personally.

On 25/01/2022 at 02:14, Satoshi said:

We've got an option in his position who is playing every week and just had a £4m bid turned down 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Coleman has been finished for about 3 years now tbf so I’d be annoyed as an Ev’ fan if he was getting a game ahead of Patterson aswell.

Aye, but you're no the brightest so doesn't really count. 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been impressed with Nathan. It’s not been easy to be fair to the players. They need to train well but when you can’t see them in matches - I’ve seen bits of Nathan previously - and then revert to the situation we are in, my duty is to make sure we develop young players and find the right time for them to play. So far in two games, that hasn’t been the right time but I’m very pleased to work with him.

People think I love sticking young players in my teams. I do when they deserve it. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve it but, at the minute, he’s in a position where the captain of the club Seamus has been so impressive since I’ve been here and for a long time at the club. He needs to work, keep developing, the club have signed him for the future as well as now. I will work with Nathan very closely and my staff - who work with the young players in particular - and when he gets his opportunity, I want to see him take it.

Frank Lampard

https://youtu.be/TWhAZH74gjY?t=806

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Cheers for this. I've been curious about how Lampard views him. 

It's not an ideal time for him right now what with a new manager and being plunged into a relegation battle. Ideally Everton would be knocking about mid table and there would be some breathing space to give him some game time. 

It's not great for us right now as he won't be match sharp.

13 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure the Everton fans would agree with Coleman being either impressive or deserving of keeping the place. Think Lampard is just saying what he’s expected to say tbh. 

Coleman's probably well respected in the dressing room too, Lampard's not going to slate him this early in his tenure, if at all. It's clear they see Patterson as his replacement though and he just needs to be patient, he'll get a chance soon enough and he needs to take it in the same way Robertson did at Liverpool to dislodge Moreno.