Nathan Paterson

18 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Big game for Patterson tonight. The guy he's up against Sima is good so a big test.

Interested to see how he gets on.  From the little I've seen there's no doubt he's the real deal and the answer to our problems at RB, but he isn't ready yet and a night like this will be a big test for him.

We’ve not managed to replace Hutton since he retired, and really needed to find a sold deputy a few years before that.

I always wanted Hutton to be better, and yet when we lost him, every replacement has not even reached his relatively middling level.

Shame he never matched the home game against Italy when he ripped his full back apart.

Really want Patterson to be the real deal. Hopefully they’ll win tonight and he’ll continue to get game time for the last league + cup games.

Anyone know how long before Tavernier returns?

34 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
46 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
been crap the night

He's had good moments and bad. Rangers have been crap tho - not dealing with Slavia's press.

Not sure anything can be read into that. Rangers just collapsed - the third time this season after Celtic and St Mirren games?

Very good last ditch tackle to prevent it going 3-0.

Wonder if the season doesn’t just fall apart for them on Sunday now.

Thought he was pretty good again. Very difficult game for him and his team, and again he grew into it and got better and better as it went on. Exerting more influence and taking more responsibility as the game wore on. 

No doubt he's destined for the top, but nowhere near ready yet.

The best thing about this thread is it's reminded me that I've seen Joe Chalmers, in the flesh, trying to play at left back.  It really is a site to behold.

In centre midfield, he's actually ok.  Robbo signed him and discovered after about 2 games that he's never a left back in about 265 million years and moved him further forward.

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, that game against Stirlign Albion with Joe Chalmers at left back and big Zschuschen up front for the last few minutes.  What a time to be alive.

Genuinely forgot about him.  Was that our first season back in the Championship?

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Genuinely forgot about him.  Was that our first season back in the Championship?

Yeah, we had to put a team together in a few weeks based on YouTube videos.  We drew 0-0 with Stirling and then won the penalty shoot-out 1-0 I think.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Playing really well at the moment. I was originally thinking the euros has come a bit too early for him but now I think he should be brought in. Offers so much more than O'donnell. 

Its a shit situation. He's clearly the best we have in that position right now, so really should be in the team and certainly in the squad regardless of how many games we've played.

Identical situation to Gilmour, both of whom will miss out cause they haven't played enough games, whereas they both would improve our team right now.

RWB is the only position that gives me the fear for the Euros. Everywhere else we're decent enough. CB not fantastic in the middle but RWB we could get utterly roasted. Can you imagine Sterling against O'Donnell?  

I'm not even being facetious to say I'm not sure Sterling will have ever played a game against as bad a player as that in his whole career. He could utterly rinse him stupid. Its the only position of the park where we have a glaring weakness, and Patterson is the real deal so for me he'd be in.

I'm not even being facetious to say I'm not sure Sterling will have ever played a game against as bad a player as that in his whole career.

If you're not being facetious then you're being idiotic. Stephen O'Donnell is clearly a better player than Manuel Battistini.

There's no doubt whatsoever he's got it. Five minutes watching him and you can see he's obviously the RB we've been waiting for the last few years and will spend a decade as Scotland's first choice.

For me he'd be in the team by now not just the squad, as he's simply better than what we've got. But he won't make the squad imo. Same with Gilmour.

Thought he was very good today, albeit he was less involved in the second half once he was playing against a half-decent full-back. The main thing I liked from him was that when he made a massive error that should have led to a goal, he immediately bounced back and ran the length of the park to create a chance. That sort of attitude is exactly what is needed when you play for Scotland - you will obviously f**k up at some point, so it's about how you deal with that. It's one of the best qualities O'Donnell has too.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Thought he was very good today, albeit he was less involved in the second half once he was playing against a half-decent full-back. The main thing I liked from him was that when he made a massive error that should have led to a goal, he immediately bounced back and ran the length of the park to create a chance. That sort of attitude is exactly what is needed when you play for Scotland - you will obviously f**k up at some point, so it's about how you deal with that. It's one of the best qualities O'Donnell has too.

Agree. I actually think O’Donnell is harshly treated by some. He’s very limited but hasn’t let us down much. Patterson in squad for Palmer, for me, is a no brainer though.