Sarah Everard

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I can’t remember the last time an online boycott worked.

Probably never.

That there Internet is crammed to bursting with people who are all going to do something about __________ (insert whatever this week's thing is here). Whilst shouting loudly about it. Because likes and shares. 

Right up until it actually comes down to doing it. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Some folk are cashing in.

Those kinds of things have been around for quite a while. Surprised P&B's clubbing correspondent didn't know that!

Considering that drink spiking has been a problem for a long time, you'd have thought that cheap disposable covers for drinks would be standard in clubs by now.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Those kinds of things have been around for quite a while. Surprised P&B's clubbing correspondent didn't know that!

Considering that drink spiking has been a problem for a long time, you'd have thought that cheap disposable covers for drinks would be standard in clubs by now.

There’s surely a correlation between people who go to nightclubs alone and people who spike women’s drinks.

35 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There’s surely a correlation between people who go to nightclubs alone and people who spike women’s drinks.

I think the womenfolk are safe with WB. I understand he scrupulously insists on leaving alone too.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think the womenfolk are safe with WB. I understand he scrupulously insists on leaving alone too.

I used to just go for a late night drink after the pubs closed, hoping somebody would spike my drink with an extra vodka.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I used to just go for a late night drink after the pubs closed, hoping somebody would spike my drink with an extra vodka.

It's been a long time for me, but I can't imagine you had much luck with getting a decent strength of drink without paying for a treble.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

When you've been told that you're to spend the rest of your life in a prison, what have you got to lose.

No idea if I'd be able to get my head around living the rest of my life in such a shrunken universe, or top myself at the first opportunity. If I had to share a cell probably the latter. Zero sympathy for that c**t though. 

Strangely, it's the thought of the lack of long lies that would have me rattled.  It's the first thing I'm craving for after a fortnight offshore, rather than being up by 5am every single day.  A long lie at least once a week should be a basic human right.  Unless you're him of course.

20 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Strangely, it's the thought of the lack of long lies that would have me rattled.  It's the first thing I'm craving for after a fortnight offshore, rather than being up by 5am every single day.  A long lie at least once a week should be a basic human right.  Unless you're him of course.

Many years ago, but I had to do 6 weeks shifts a couple of times because of bad weather or something and they couldn't do the crew changes. By the 5th or 6th week I was getting used to it instead of counting the days till I'd get off the fucking thing. It was still great getting back onshore of course, with a big wedge in the bank.

27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

When I was 15 or so I had a paper round. In the summer I also took on a Sunday round, so for 6 weeks I was up before 7am. I had my eyes fixed on that first Sunday off. I was going to sleep and sleep. Told my folks not to wake me, had the curtains well tightly drawn, triple checked that the alarm was switched off. 

Bing! My body clock had me up at 6.50 am. My first word was "b*****d!"

27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Do prisoners who are in solitary confinement get woken up by someone every morning? 

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Do prisoners who are in solitary confinement get woken up by someone every morning? 

Not sure, but Maxwell's daughter that helped Prince Andrew rape that lassie (allegedly) is woken up every hour I think to check she hasn't topped herself. Maybe should do that with Couzens.

1 hour ago, MacDuffman said:

Not sure, but Maxwell's daughter that helped Prince Andrew rape that lassie (allegedly) is woken up every hour I think to check she hasn't topped herself. Maybe should do that with Couzens.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Aye, but they don't speak. They blow a trumpet in his ear.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson