Sarah Everard

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Be interesting the reaction to the next "wid" comment on PnB given what's been posted in here ???

The Pass or Smash thread might lose a bit of traffic.

50 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, throbber said:
I doubt it was over one of them confronting the other about inappropriate behaviour towards a minor.

No but your point seemed to be folk wouldn't kick off on a busy train. They will and they do.

It’s pub fighting though isn’t it? You know someone will step in and break it up. 

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s pub fighting though isn’t it? You know someone will step in and break it up. 

Hawd me back! No, I mean it, hawd me back, he's fucking huge!

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hawd me back! No, I mean now, hawd me back, he's fucking huge!

It’s a good thing I’m being dragged away from this otherwise you’d be in real trouble!!!

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Sorry, I should have said in my post that men commit more acts of violence overall; that is undeniably true, whether it's against other men or women. 

I was getting at the root cause why men are more prone to violence overall, compared to women. Are we just more aggressive, unagreeable? I think so, but that surely can't be the sole cause? Is it hormonal differences? Is it societal hierarchies that allow (or indeed encourage?) a lot of men to act the way they do to a vast amount of women? 

Like I said, this was probably an issue in Caveman times as well; what societal issues do we point towards in that case?

I always think it's a bit mental to think these kinds of things are either 100% biological or 100% societal. Men are always going to be more violent than women.

9 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:

I’d walk through any five drunks on a train. There’s not a man born of his mother what could beat me.

Surely they'd see the damage you'd already done to yourself and take pity?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, Peter Grant said:
I’d walk through any five drunks on a train. There’s not a man born of his mother what could beat me.

^^^Trips over and breaks his nose on the first drunks shoe IMO

I once hospitalised someone as his arm snapped to bits when he hit me. A win is a win. 

I've never been in a fight in my life. Hopefully it stays that way, I couldn't fight to save myself.

My son got into bother in St Andrews a few weeks ago. Not long 18 he had met up with friends and were heading out for a night before heading for university. Group of middle age men started on one of the girls who were out with them. My son and his friends tried to challenge them and they were knocked to f**k. Spent a week in the hospital, son got a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain. Thankfully he appears to have made a full recovery and I'm proud for what he and his mates did. Puts me to shame tbh.

5 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

I'd take a stab at figuring why women feel so afraid;

Why take a stab at it?

Why not simply start listening to what women have been saying for decades?

You might learn something valuable.

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Men are more likely to be the victims of violence than women

Are these men victims of violence routinely being raped and sexually assaulted?

Because unless the answer to that question is Yes, your argument is puerile.

Edited by oaksoft