Sarah Everard

1 minute ago, Namond Brice said:

Well no, I'm not the one pretending not to understand something that's very simple.

It doesn't leave you much room for error, you're either being deliberately contrarian and desperate for attention, or you're a monumental thicko.

I'll let you choose.

Deliberately contrarian, but I’m being serious. 

Edited by Thorongil

On 30/09/2021 at 14:38, The Moonster said:

Does having a wife and kids really mean anything though? It's a weird idyllic value that we've put on society, that simply having a wife and kids must mean you're at least some level of a decent guy, but it beautifully ignores the fact that a high number of psycho/sociopaths can easily hold down what looks like a normal life to the rest of us. It's what they do, imitate and manipulate. Media likes to paint pictures of murderers being loners/abused/mentally ill to make the normal people in society feel better about their life, it scares people to think that "a good family man" could ever do such a thing, but they do these things all the time. 

I genuinely didn't know Piers Corbyn was a thing and when I saw folk mention him on here on other threads I thought it was some sort of joke I didn't get about folk confusing Piers Morgan and Jeremy Corbyn. Such a shame that there's actually a Piers Corbyn and this is the sort of shite he gets up to. 

On 30/09/2021 at 14:44, RiG said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought like this!

I think you guys were thinking of Jeremy Morgan.

Apparently Couzens had a 14 year old girlfriend when he was 23. One thing I remember when I was in school was that there were always girls who had significantly older boyfriends. I remember we used to play football on public pitches and as it got later at night you’d see some groups of 14-16 year olds talking to older teenagers and young adults. Really creepy behaviour. I can’t imagine any of my mates when I was 23 bringing round some 14 or 15 year old but it does happen I guess.

Probably a good example of a situation that men can make a difference. Having a girlfriend That young is obviously not acceptable and if someone in your group of mates does it, make sure they know it and if they don’t change cut them out. ETA, obviously inform the authorities as well.

Edited by ICTChris

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

There was a nonce chased from this very board, for boasting about having a 16 year old girlfriend when he was about 30 odd. It wouldn’t surprise me if he turned out to be Wayne Couzens 

Was just thinking it all sounded a bit Turboshandy tbh

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently Couzens had a 14 year old girlfriend when he was 23. One thing I remember when I was in school was that there were always girls who had significantly older boyfriends. I remember we used to play football on public pitches and as it got later at night you’d see some groups of 14-16 year olds talking to older teenagers and young adults. Really creepy behaviour. I can’t imagine any of my mates when I was 23 bringing round some 14 or 15 year old but it does happen I guess.

Probably a good example of a situation that men can make a difference. Having a girlfriend That young is obviously not acceptable and if someone in your group of mates does it, make sure they know it and if they don’t change cut them out. ETA, obviously inform the authorities as well.

Also with the banter like the cop's whatsapp group, saying "Honestly m8, you're coming over like a proper nonce." rather than cringing and saying nothing, or worse, going along with it.

Lassie that was on my missus uni course started going out with her boyfriend when she was 13, he was 19, completely groomed and wouldn't hear a bad word against him, she was then about 19/20 and he cheated on her and left her for a 17 year old just a pure beast.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

There was a nonce chased from this very board, for boasting about having a 16 year old girlfriend when he was about 30 odd. It wouldn’t surprise me if he turned out to be Wayne Couzens 

There’s Dundee fans on this very board defending Griffiths asking for nudes from a youngster. ‘Not illegal’ apparently E4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I wonder how many folk who do that sort of thing hang about with others who would find it unacceptable though? Dont you think this sort tend to gravitate towards eachother?

Probably Couzens' wee gang of whatsapp pals egged on his behaviour because they are of a similar ilk. 

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Some Government minister on Newsnight arguing how much they were doing to protect potential rape victims by saying how many new policemen they are recruiting. Ooops.

You have to be shitting me.  Surely no government minister has said that?

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You have to be shitting me.  Surely no government minister has said that?

Afraid so. Emily Maitlis had to suppress laughing out loud, which would have been hugely inappropriate. Kevin Foster, home office.

I actually seen an article yesterday where Maya Jama spoke of her heartbreak at 16 years old when her 21 year old boyfriend was murdered.

My immediate thought was that it was incredibly strange that despite being legal, it would be incredibly strange why a 21 year old was hanging about with 16 year olds.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Delighted for Rhona, shes a good person and this has caused her significant turmoil.

I was also pleased to see that inappropriate content on WhatsApp was called out by the other members of the group.  Looks from the outside as there being one particular arsehole.