Sarah Everard

24 minutes ago, velo army said:

No doubt that drink spiking happens, but I've heard so many young lassies say they had their drink spiked and the only evidence they have is that they suddenly became very pished. Youngsters don't tend to keep track of how much they drink and are not aware of their own limits. The amount that young folk drink is astonishing, and they're physically unprepared for it and don't want to readily accept the consequences of it. Reaching for the possibility that someone added something to their drink (with no evidence except them being suddenly paralytic) means that they don't have to be tarred with the "can't handle their drink" label which is akin to pariah status.

As I said, for sure it happens, but the extent of it is exaggerated.

I was having a similar off board conversation with someone last night along these lines.

I was mid 30's when it happened to me. It was very different to when I've been totally hammered.

How easy is it to get your hands on needles? I take it you can't just rock up to the local chemist and buy them over the counter. Asking as I genuinely don't have a clue, and no, I'm not asking for a friend!
Pretty sure if you can source whatever they're injecting someone with they can source needles.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
28 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:
What type of needles are we talking here?

Knitting needles obviously

Oh ok. You are a p***k. My mistake, I thought maybe someone knew a bit more than me about what type of needles these folk were claimed to have used.

Any one else got a clue? I canny imagine them running about with a covid vaccine style needle.

58 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Oh ok. You are a p***k. My mistake, I thought maybe someone knew a bit more than me about what type of needles these folk were claimed to have used.

Any one else got a clue? I canny imagine them running about with a covid vaccine style needle.

Yer bog standard typical syringe would be incredibly obvious so i cant see it being that. 
That said for a smaller needle and the volume of fluid required to hurt someone it just seems difficult to work out how anyone would decide to do that. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

I was having a similar off board conversation with someone last night along these lines.

I was mid 30's when it happened to me. It was very different to when I've been totally hammered.

And I believe you. I had a friend to whom this happened too, in her early thirties. I'm not attempting to gaslight or minimise the experience of those to whom this has happened. I'm saying that amongst the younger ones (I was a mature student very recently and also worked in hospitality with a load of 19/20 year old lassies) it's a go to excuse for being paralytic which was better explained by them frankly drinking too much, not eating, or drinking loads and then going out into the cold air. I'd heard it from the lads too. The reality is they're not keeping track of how much they're drinking and their bodies aren't used to it. 

As I said, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm suggesting that it happens less than is being reported. 

I'm sorry it happened to you. My mate, thankfully, just got roofied and her pals took her home. No further harm came to her. Scary stuff though. 

What type of needles are we talking here?
I'd imagine standard IV needles 22G or 23G.

Anything smaller i reckon would be hard to get and would bend too easily.

You need a drug with a high concentration (Midazolam fits the profile for this)

Syringe wise a small 3ml syringe would work however I'd assume you'd need to smuggle a few into the club in case you fvck it up.

All in all a ridiculous amount if effort, possible but not probable IMHO.

However I've seen video clips of people slipping drugs into drinks and TBH a fleeting stabbing pain in a club would easily be dismissed at the time.

I read recently of some guys who had developed a nail polish which changes colour if you dip it in a spiked drink.

Ideally a Lateral Flow Test that could be administered in a pub/club wpuld ideal. However even contemplating such a safety measure shows how fvcked up it all is.

I'd be interested to see what numbers of people who have been charged and what punishments are meted out for possession and use of 'date rape' drugs. Possession shows a rather sinister premeditation.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What do victims of rape, domestic abuse, sexual assault, upskirting, sexual harassment, child abuse and drinks spiking/nijections in nightclubs all have in common?

They have to suffer the default response to them going public about their ordeal, responders who are almost exclusively men, of derision, doubt, attacks on their character and accusations of attention seeking.

You can spot a c**t a mile off by their attitudes to other people and unsurprisingly, most of them have dicks.

No idea why you're being downvoted for this, you're pretty much spot on.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I've seen many a friend, guys and girls, say they "must have been spiked" when out and drinking too much. Luckily it's always been an occasion where we've all been somewhere or at an event and stayed together.

Very unnerving that is does happen. Suspect a lot of folk will have seen their friends like mine and that's where the doubt comes from.

Not having the injection stuff.

3 hours ago, velo army said:

No doubt that drink spiking happens, but I've heard so many young lassies say they had their drink spiked and the only evidence they have is that they suddenly became very pished. Youngsters don't tend to keep track of how much they drink and are not aware of their own limits. The amount that young folk drink is astonishing, and they're physically unprepared for it and don't want to readily accept the consequences of it. Reaching for the possibility that someone added something to their drink (with no evidence except them being suddenly paralytic) means that they don't have to be tarred with the "can't handle their drink" label which is akin to pariah status.

As I said, for sure it happens, but the extent of it is exaggerated.

I actually read the other day that the most common drug used to spike drinks is alcohol itself, i.e. the spiker either buying a stronger drink than the victim asked for (e.g. a triple spirit and mixer when the victim had asked for a double), or adding extra alcohol into a drink. I had no idea that this was considered spiking until I read this.

Edited by Donathan

The very fact you need something akin to midazolam (a controlled drug that isn’t readily available, on the “streets” especially) just makes me wonder what is being injected. Non-pharmaceutical grade Ketamine? Even still, you’d need a ridiculous amount, specific tools and the know how to turn street grade ketamine powder into a viable IV form. Also, how the hell are there not more cases of air bubbles being injected into folks veins by accident? Doubt beasts are being polite enough to check for air bubbles and hitting veins first time.

I screamed when I got my second covid jag, think the nurse was tired and hit a bone. I'm aware that clubs are noisy but what happens if the beast hits the wrong spot and the syringe drops to the floor with everyone turning round and staring? If it's as a regular occurrence as claimed you'd expect some doofus inexperienced pervert to have done that at least once. 

7 hours ago, velo army said:

And I believe you. I had a friend to whom this happened too, in her early thirties. I'm not attempting to gaslight or minimise the experience of those to whom this has happened. I'm saying that amongst the younger ones (I was a mature student very recently and also worked in hospitality with a load of 19/20 year old lassies) it's a go to excuse for being paralytic which was better explained by them frankly drinking too much, not eating, or drinking loads and then going out into the cold air. I'd heard it from the lads too. The reality is they're not keeping track of how much they're drinking and their bodies aren't used to it. 

As I said, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm suggesting that it happens less than is being reported. 

I'm sorry it happened to you. My mate, thankfully, just got roofied and her pals took her home. No further harm came to her. Scary stuff though. 

I was agreeing with you! 

No one is saying that it would be easy to do, and is the easiest way to be spiked, however at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised if there have been attempts to do spike by injection - not widespread but attempts. Not everything is about the easiest route - it could be a number of things, whether that’s the control they get over physically injecting someone or whatever else. 

The issue with saying things like spiking generally is hugely exaggerated, and it’s often just young girls who have drank too much - at what point do you believe that group of people if you feel that is normally the case.