Sarah Everard

15 hours ago, Detournement said:

Because it's not credible and there is no evidence for it. The girl doing the interviews has a pin p***k size mark on her arm and didn't bother to get a urine or blood test done. 

This is only being taken more seriously than clowns or razor blades on flumes because it fits an existing narrative. There was a similar urban legend about 'Seagulling' at halls of residences a few years ago that got traction in the media for the same reasons. 

Not exactly similar (as consensual rather than abuse) but the origin of sex myths and the hysteria surrounding them is quite an interesting phenomenon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_party_(sexuality)

In both the UK and the US teen pregnancy is the lowest it has ever been since records began (and likely the lowest it has ever been full stop). Teens these days take far less drugs and consume less alcohol than their parents.

Yet the hysteria remains. As for the spiking - no real comment, like anything else any credible reports need to be investigated as it is a criminal offence. For various reasons stated above, injecting people in nightclubs does not seem credible (although I saw someone injection heroin in the bathroom of the Jockey Club in Rio once).

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I just remember a story about it when I was in Wales, that it had been happening at a student union somewhere in England. We discussed it in the department at the time as it was a student safety issue and (as you would expect) people were worried that it would happen at our Uni. I cannot for the life of me remember where I read about it otherwise I'd search for it. But the term used was "microinjection". It was seen as a step on from drinks spiking and was what worried folk. 

Never heard of it again until this news.

Did your university have a similar, gibbering meltdown about the new drug cake being legally imported from Czechoslovakia? 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

My friend is unimpressed and sticking with his tried and tested Bulgarian umbrella, thank you very much.

I'd have needed a Daktari gun to bring some of my conquests down. Getting them out the building while they could walk was bad enough, never mind unconscious.

There was hysteria about folk getting spiked years ago when I was in first year at uni. It felt like every other person had some story about getting spiked, or knew someone who thought they'd been spiked. I'm not doubting for a second it happens and I don't doubt most of the folk claiming it's happened to them genuinely believe that but I think there's more than a reasonable chance a lot of it is teenagers who can't really handle drink too well blacking out from drink and then trying to rationalise that in the context of hysteria and urban myths floating around about spiking.

It doesn't lend too much credibility to the theory of hoards of micro-injecting spikers cutting about that most of the stories are coming from freshers a few weeks into uni.

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What do victims of rape, domestic abuse, sexual assault, upskirting, sexual harassment, child abuse and drinks spiking/nijections in nightclubs all have in common?

There's plenty evidence of their attacks being real?

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What do victims of rape, domestic abuse, sexual assault, upskirting, sexual harassment, child abuse and drinks spiking/nijections in nightclubs all have in common?

They have to suffer the default response to them going public about their ordeal, responders who are almost exclusively men, of derision, doubt, attacks on their character and accusations of attention seeking.

You can spot a c**t a mile off by their attitudes to other people and unsurprisingly, most of them have dicks.

^^^ Facebook for this virtue-signalling pish

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

There was hysteria about folk getting spiked years ago when I was in first year at uni. It felt like every other person had some story about getting spiked, or knew someone who thought they'd been spiked. I'm not doubting for a second it happens and I don't doubt most of the folk claiming it's happened to them genuinely believe that but I think there's more than a reasonable chance a lot of it is teenagers who can't really handle drink too well blacking out from drink and then trying to rationalise that in the context of hysteria and urban myths floating around about spiking.

It doesn't lend too much credibility to the theory of hoards of micro-injecting spikers cutting about that most of the stories are coming from freshers a few weeks into uni.

"Inspector? We've got a lead on those cold cases..."

6 hours ago, virginton said:

As we're literally establishing right now with this story, just because something makes the news does not mean it is an authentic event. What are the police estimates for 'microinjections' as a source of spiking incidents? How many people have been charged and convicted of this act over the past 20 years? 

No official figures for you but ive never ever seen a case of someone microinjected with a drug in the sense described. I have heard of several occasions of drink spikings, with generally either tablets of ghb liquids used. The idea of using a syringe in the middle of a night club seems bizarre.  

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

They have to suffer the default response to them going public about their ordeal, responders who are almost exclusively men, of derision, doubt, attacks on their character and accusations of attention seeking.

You can spot a c**t a mile off by their attitudes to other people and unsurprisingly, most of them have dicks.

Sorry, but ive helped unfortunately hundreds of victims of sexual assaults, at no time have i ever ‘doubted their character or accused them of seeking attention’. Also legislation passed in Scotland allows victims of sexual offences to specifically request a female police officer to speak with. Victims are not ‘disbelieved’ or dismissed off hand, thats absolutely crap and adds to people feeling like there is no point reporting sexual assaults etc due to fears of this stigma which doesnt actually exist. Some times sexual assault/rape can’t be detected through a lack of corroboration or other evidence and its absolutely horrible but this narrative that no one could be bothered investigating etc is absolutely not what happens in reality. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No official figures for you but ive never ever seen a case of someone microinjected with a drug in the sense described. I have heard of several occasions of drink spikings, with generally either tablets of ghb liquids used. The idea of using a syringe in the middle of a night club seems bizarre.  

Sorry, but ive helped unfortunately hundreds of victims of sexual assaults, at no time have i ever ‘doubted their character or accused them of seeking attention’. Also legislation passed in Scotland allows victims of sexual offences to specifically request a female police officer to speak with. Victims are not ‘disbelieved’ or dismissed off hand, thats absolutely crap and adds to people feeling like there is no point reporting sexual assaults etc due to fears of this stigma which doesnt actually exist. Some times sexual assault/rape can’t be detected through a lack of corroboration or other evidence and its absolutely horrible but this narrative that no one could be bothered investigating etc is absolutely not what happens in reality. 

I had many worries about reporting to police, took me 16 months,  but I have to say they were really good. Despite some of the things I had to divulge, I never felt judged. I also felt they did everything they could to investigate.

I was realistic in regards to outcome from start but I'm on record and if that means it helps another person in future even better.

Just now, RH33 said:

I had many worries about reporting to police, took me 16 months,  but I have to say they were really good. Despite some of the things I had to divulge, I never felt judged. I also felt they did everything they could to investigate.

I was realistic in regards to outcome from start but I'm on record and if that means it helps another person in future even better.

Im so sorry you were ever in the position that you had to report something, but im glad to hear you had a positive (well not positive but you know what I mean) experience. Its so important to report that kind of thing because it can help with potential moorov or howden detections (as offenders rarely change this type of behaviour) and can assist protect others with things like the DSDAS scheme to help warn future partners of someones history of abuse. 

I've seen many a friend, guys and girls, say they "must have been spiked" when out and drinking too much. Luckily it's always been an occasion where we've all been somewhere or at an event and stayed together.

Very unnerving that is does happen. Suspect a lot of folk will have seen their friends like mine and that's where the doubt comes from.

Not having the injection stuff.

No doubt that drink spiking happens, but I've heard so many young lassies say they had their drink spiked and the only evidence they have is that they suddenly became very pished. Youngsters don't tend to keep track of how much they drink and are not aware of their own limits. The amount that young folk drink is astonishing, and they're physically unprepared for it and don't want to readily accept the consequences of it. Reaching for the possibility that someone added something to their drink (with no evidence except them being suddenly paralytic) means that they don't have to be tarred with the "can't handle their drink" label which is akin to pariah status.

As I said, for sure it happens, but the extent of it is exaggerated.

Edited by velo army