Sarah Everard

On 18/10/2021 at 19:12, welshbairn said:

I've intervened before when a man's being out of order with a woman, and been attacked by the woman.

Seen this happen many a time when I was working in different pubs in Glasgow. Sauchiehall Street had plenty of domestic kicking off at kicking out time, and it was rarely a positive outcome for any 3rd party to get involved.

Edited by Ross.

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I saw that there have been boycotts organised in Stirling and Edinburgh as well as various places in England. I know a number of women who have had their drinks spiked on nights out - my wife had her drink spiked in Edinburgh more than a decade ago, it’s not new.

This has FB maw type hysteria written all over it. People who haven't been out in years blacking out after drinking on a night out, must be someone doing intramuscular injections.....

8 hours ago, Ross. said:

Seen this happen many a time when I was working in different pubs in Glasgow. Sauchiehall Street had plenty of domestic kicking off at kicking out time, and it was rarely a positive outcome for any 3rd party to get involved.

A guy I know got a brick to the face exactly there for his effort at white knighting. 

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This has FB maw type hysteria written all over it. People who haven't been out in years blacking out after drinking on a night out, must be someone doing intramuscular injections.....

A guy I know got a brick to the face exactly there for his effort at white knighting. 

Impressive that you have actually managed to post something miles worse than the absolute batshit stuff you normally do. 

Just now, Detournement said:

It doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

It's clowns abducting kids in blue vans for Freshers. 

It’s actually quite unbelievable that you believe every mental conspiracy theory going, but it being widely reported that girls are being spiked by injection - nah didn’t happen. 

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I can see this post being received warmly in the coming hours.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s actually quite unbelievable that you believe every mental conspiracy theory going, but it being widely reported that girls are being spiked by injection - nah didn’t happen. 

Because it's not credible and there is no evidence for it. The girl doing the interviews has a pin p***k size mark on her arm and didn't bother to get a urine or blood test done. 

This is only being taken more seriously than clowns or razor blades on flumes because it fits an existing narrative. There was a similar urban legend about 'Seagulling' at halls of residences a few years ago that got traction in the media for the same reasons. 

Edited by Detournement

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It's being 'widely reported' based solely on it having been 'widely reported' on social media beforehand though. That doesn't make it true.

The idea that folk are walking into nightclubs with needles ready to line someone up just right to drug them is preposterous on multiple levels tbh. 

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Because it's not credible and there is no evidence for it. The girl doing the interviews has a pin p***k size mark on her arm and didn't bother to get a urine or blood test done. 

This is only being taken more seriously than clowns or razor blades on flumes because it fits an existing narrative. There was a similar urban legend about 'Seagulling' at halls of residences a few years ago that got traction in the media for the same reasons. 

There absolutely was an incident in Dundee very recently where a girl had to get checked out in the hospital after a clear as day injection mark and bruising around the site could be seen. I couldn't tell you what it was found to be but I'd put a lot of money on it not being saline.

I'm sure these cases are very rare but it absolutely has been happening and it's the behaviour of an utter c**t.

9 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

There absolutely was an incident in Dundee very recently where a girl had to get checked out in the hospital after a clear as day injection mark and bruising around the site could be seen. I couldn't tell you what it was found to be but I'd put a lot of money on it not being saline.

I'm sure these cases are very rare but it absolutely has been happening and it's the behaviour of an utter c**t.

So did nobody think to check what she'd been injected with, like blood sample analysis and the like? I'm with the fruitloop and virgin on this, social media hysteria with barely a pin p***k of evidence. Apart from everything else it seems so impractical with little guarantee of success and a serious risk of getting caught even for your most dedicated beast.

Edited by welshbairn

It's being 'widely reported' based solely on it having been 'widely reported' on social media beforehand though. That doesn't make it true.
The idea that folk are walking into nightclubs with needles ready to line someone up just right to drug them is preposterous on multiple levels tbh. 
It has all the hallmarks of a recent media frenzy in Dundee (and doubtless elsewhere) of dog thefts which all shared remarkable similarities in that almost all seemed to happen to Facebook maws, all of the perpetrators had either Irish or "forrin" accents, all had a van which no EVER seemed to get a reg number for, save for one which went viral. So much so in fact that it was seen in about 15 different parts of the UK on the same day, despite having been scrapped several years previously.

This was all over Facebook which of course is DC Thomson's main source these days so it was then reported as news, despite being absolute fucking nonsense on every level.