Sarah Everard

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Living with men, being in their homes away from prying eyes - they might feel safe but could be in danger. 

I'm not sure I agree with @oaksoft that male culture - even if we can define it - is the root cause of people like Couzens acting the way they do. 

I was taken with your juxtaposition of the mundane and the aberration, so forgive my edit.

Male culture is clearly a huge issue and just as much as it isn't the root cause of the recent catastrophic events that took away Sarah, it is a subject that is difficult indeed.

8 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

What do you say about…murder in general? As a broader topic? That’s mostly male on male; is that once again down to “male” culture or is that just down to humans as a species? With no aspect of “culture” taken into account?

I’m not going to criticise your post.

Maybe just take a step back and think about it.  If it really is your position, fair enough. If it is just you playing devils advocate, fair enough again.  Either way, what does your post have to say about male violence against women?

I’m not going to criticise your post.
Maybe just take a step back and think about it.  If it really is your position, fair enough. If it is just you playing devils advocate, fair enough again.  Either way, what does your post have to say about male violence against women?

Go back and read what I posted before; I am hurting to know what can be done because as it stands, men are damaging women in unspeakable ways, in unacceptable numbers. It’s fucking horrible, but I’m not going to accept it’s solely down to culture; that’s reductionist and it doesn’t begin to approach to solve the problem. Shouting from the rooftops “listen to the women and they will say how to fix it” has little meaning if we do everything they say and yet IT STILL HAPPENS. Then what do we blame? More “culture”?

I was just asking that particular slant because I was wanting to know what p***kish answer Oaksoft was going to come up with next, to see if he could stay consistent.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Who has said this shit and where? 

He was listening to Robin Thicke while typing that out and got confuzzled.

Or, he's just back to spoiling for a fight with strangers on the internet again.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He was listening to Robin Thicke while typing that out and got confuzzled.

Or, he's just back to spoiling for a fight with strangers on the internet again.

I see that Robin Thicke has been accused of inappropriate behaviour with women.  It's always the people you least expect isn't it.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I see that Robin Thicke has been accused of inappropriate behaviour with women.  It's always the people you least expect isn't it.

I vaguely remember him being quoted as saying that his wife didn't mind him being in a video with naked models as she trusted him. In fact, it had been her idea. Then it turned out he'd been shagging other lassies and groping the models on the video set. So, that went well.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

This should be normal.

I think if a drunk guy on his own lunged for a girl then that would be a pretty normal reaction. I couldn’t imagine a situation where everyone on the train sat and watched her get given a hiding. It’s slightly different to the situation described earlier where the girl was subject to (unacceptable) behaviour, but wasn’t in any immediate danger physically.

14 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I think if a drunk guy on his own lunged for a girl then that would be a pretty normal reaction. I couldn’t imagine a situation where everyone on the train sat and watched her get given a hiding. It’s slightly different to the situation described earlier where the girl was subject to (unacceptable) behaviour, but wasn’t in any immediate danger physically.

I think and hope you're right. In that clip nobody batted an eyelid until he physically went for her, probably what I would do too.

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Attack a woman in a train?

I knew there was something not right about you.

I've intervened before when a man's being out of order with a woman, and been attacked by the woman. So I'm wary of playing the white knight unless blood is about to flow. Who knows what set the drunk guy off on the tube..

I saw that there have been boycotts organised in Stirling and Edinburgh as well as various places in England. I know a number of women who have had their drinks spiked on nights out - my wife had her drink spiked in Edinburgh more than a decade ago, it’s not new.

On 18/10/2021 at 13:21, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Guess ye aint seen the news from America recently where a carriage full of commuters just filmed a lassie being raped rather than help stop the attack

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I saw that there have been boycotts organised in Stirling and Edinburgh as well as various places in England. I know a number of women who have had their drinks spiked on nights out - my wife had her drink spiked in Edinburgh more than a decade ago, it’s not new.

I'm pretty sure I had my drink spiked about five years ago.

I was drunk but in control one minute and the next sat outside unable to talk the next.

Thankfully I was with someone who got me home safely.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Guess ye aint seen the news from America recently where a carriage full of commuters just filmed a lassie being raped rather than help stop the attack

Nah I haven’t. I’ve seen plenty of videos of folk getting battered on trains for being out of order though, which I think is the much more likely scenario.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I read that - it just seems totally unbelievable that it could happen.  Surely they must have been unable to see exactly what was going on or something like that?  If not, then it's beyond shameful.  Whilst I understand why folk wouldn't want to get directly involved they could have at least called the police/guard - apparently the police were able to board the train within 3 minutes of receiving the call.