Sarah Everard

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

“He’s not one of us, not a real police officer, and anyway she should have known more about police protocols and it wouldn’t have happened”

The higher ups in the police really have shown themselves to be, almost universally, utter fucking c***s over the last few days. 

The police minister also decide to helpfully tell women they were entitled to ask officers for ID, as if this guy wasn't in possession of a fully-valid Metropolitan Police warrant card.

Those comments from the Yorkshire commissioner say it all. The police aren't upset about the kidnap, rape and murder of a defenceless women. They are upset because it is one of their own has been sent down.

If Johnson has the slightest backbone, he should have made Priti Patel sack Cressida Dick on the spot yesterday and then promptly sacked Patel himself.

6 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Those comments from the Yorkshire commissioner say it all. The police aren't upset about the kidnap, rape and murder of a defenceless women. They are upset because it is one of their own has been sent down.

If Johnson has the slightest backbone, he should have made Priti Patel sack Cressida Dick on the spot yesterday and then promptly sacked Patel himself.

Cressida Dick is unsackable and has been for fifteen years. She was the officer in charge of the team that assassinated a Brazilian electrician in Stockwell Tube Station, and somehow nobody managed to get any kind of disciplinary sanctions for that. On the contrary, she got promoted a few months later...

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

The saddest thing about this is that when the present furore dies down nothing will have changed.

Nothing ever does, whether it's the police, social workers, health & safety etc

20 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Cressida Dick is unsackable and has been for fifteen years. She was the officer in charge of the team that assassinated a Brazilian electrician in Stockwell Tube Station, and somehow nobody managed to get any kind of disciplinary sanctions for that. On the contrary, she got promoted a few months later...

They even created the myth that he made a run for it and jumped the ticket barrier. I like to think of myself as being switched on to that kind of bullshit, but I completely believed the barrier jumping story for years until I read about it fairly recently on here.

32 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They even created the myth that he made a run for it and jumped the ticket barrier. I like to think of myself as being switched on to that kind of bullshit, but I completely believed the barrier jumping story for years until I read about it fairly recently on here.

I suspect what happened there - and with the stories that the guy being shot had a thick coat with wires from it (the first officer to interact with Menezes grabbed him, but he was pushed to the ground by the one doing the shooting) - was that people saw plain clothes officers jumping barriers and acting in unusual ways and assumed that they were looking at the supposed terrorist suspect - and the police didn't actually correct the initial misinformation. In fact they were letting everyone think that they had killed a terrorist for something like a day or two.

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I suspect what happened there - and with the stories that the guy being shot had a thick coat with wires from it (the first officer to interact with Menezes grabbed him, but he was pushed to the ground by the one doing the shooting) - was that people saw plain clothes officers jumping barriers and acting in unusual ways and assumed that they were looking at the supposed terrorist suspect - and the police didn't actually correct the initial misinformation. In fact they were letting everyone think that they had killed a terrorist for something like a day or two.

You are being too kind to the Met. They made up a pack of lies and deliberately briefed the media on it to cover up the fact they murdered an innocent man

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

You are being too kind to the Met. They made up a pack of lies and deliberately briefed the media on it to cover up the fact they murdered an innocent man

The lies that he and I'm referring to weren't explicitly put out by the cops, though.Those were early eyewitness reports in the press that went uncorrected. I'm not saying there weren't other lies, of course.

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The lies that he and I'm referring to weren't explicitly put out by the cops, though.Those were early eyewitness reports in the press that went uncorrected. I'm not saying there weren't other lies, of course.

100k to the family to make it disappear 

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Me too.

9 minutes ago, Namond Brice said:

Screenshot_20211001-194834_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e9ecfc1b98f3759d9a00fbce338b240.jpg

We truly are living in an alternate reality where those in power can literally say whatever the f**k they want with no consequences. And I have a feeling it's only going to get worse.

Fully expecting another senior copper to come out tomorrow and tell us women are safer if they just stay in the fucking kitchen.

It's not even just tone deaf, it's total closing of ranks in utter desperation because they know they have made a complete c**t of the whole thing

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fully expecting another senior copper to come out tomorrow and tell us women are safer if they just stay in the fucking kitchen.

It's not even just tone deaf, it's total closing of ranks in utter desperation because they know they have made a complete c**t of the whole thing

It's mental "flag down a bus" they have lost it