Sarah Everard

There’s nothing more to be said or add that hasn’t been today, however it was a tough listen on the car radio on way home this evening. Absolutely horrific and the poor girl’s family are victims as much as the girl herself; how on earth you can go through life with the constant agony about how much fear, pain and pure evil she had to face in her last hours and beyond?

On the radio, some ex high- up old school detective was saying he was glad we don’t hang folk and we should do our best to ensure the filthy beast doesn’t top himself, but make him face his crimes every day for the rest of his life. Valid point even if raw emotion would prefer to let the girl’s family have 30 minutes alone with him.  

May she rest in peace and may women be allowed to feel safe in their own homes and communities.

6 hours ago, Fratelli said:

The whole thing's just unthinkable.

There's also something weird about the fact that the police went to his house at 5pm but decided not to go in and arrest him - effectively tipping him off and allowing him to wipe his phone and computer before they eventually decided to go in and arrest him at 7.45pm. 

It's not weird if one pays attention to how the police (particularly the Met) have operated with brazen corruption for decades.

The Met Police are truly one of the most disgusting organisations on the planet. Shut the c***s down.
Indeed. Proven to be bent as f**k, proven to be institutionally racist, involved in numerous cover ups, murdered Charles De Menezes in cold blood and hid behind the nation's fear of terrorism to brass it out. Absolute scum.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It's not weird if one pays attention to how the police (particularly the Met) have operated with brazen corruption for decades.

Cressida Dick will get another bonus just to say sorry for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Proven to be bent as f**k, proven to be institutionally racist, involved in numerous cover ups, murdered Charles De Menezes in cold blood and hid behind the nation's fear of terrorism to brass it out. Absolute scum.

Run by spineless corrupt wankers like Cressida Dick.

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Daniel Morgan is another. Sweep, sweep, sweep. They are going to get off with it as well.

Didn’t realise Allsop was a HibsFan.

D138E1C7-B1F4-4351-A462-0D5EFFCBF454.thumb.png.f7c05a9204878d769ed61ccac9c93b84.png
I find it difficult to believe that a thoroughly evil copper needed the cover of a lockdown to make a false arrest. I'd go as far to say I am pretty convinced he will have been offending via this MO for years. It's akin to making excuses/justifications for his actions, I doubt evil like him needed an excuse.

37 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
45 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

D138E1C7-B1F4-4351-A462-0D5EFFCBF454.thumb.png.f7c05a9204878d769ed61ccac9c93b84.png

I find it difficult to believe that a thoroughly evil copper needed the cover of a lockdown to make a false arrest. I'd go as far to say I am pretty convinced he will have been offending via this MO for years. It's akin to making excuses/justifications for his actions, I doubt evil like him needed an excuse.

This won't be the first time.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

And fed lies to the press who duly reported them for over a decade

9 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think people just want to take a swipe at the government or the police in general to try and disperse the blame a bit rather than accepting the grim reality that there are some proper evil scumbags out there who are in positions of power. 

I think people just want to take a swipe at the government or the police in general to try and disperse the blame a bit rather than accepting the grim reality that there are some proper evil scumbags out there who are in positions of power. 
Which is a fair enough observation if it weren't for the fact he was nicknamed "the rapist". Its the MET turning a blind eye to a dangerous man and they should be facing full responsibility for having someone called the rapist on their team.

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Met Police are truly one of the most disgusting organisations on the planet. Shut the c***s down.

It's particularly egregious in this case that their response is basically "nah, he's not a real police officer, there's nothing for us to change or learn from here."

We've all seen variations of that line before, eg when a fan of any football club shouts something racist, among the condemnations someone will say "they're not a real fan of this club", essentially setting that person apart from the rest of the supporters and absolving people of the need to acknowledge there are racist bellends among their fellow fans.

The Met using it here is obviously so much worse and is as mendacious as it could possibly be. "We do not view him as a police officer" when this couldn't have happened if he wasn't a police officer. He used the fact of being a police officer to arrest Sarah Everard. She didn't resist and bystanders didn't intervene as he kidnapped her because they saw an arrest. She was literally in police custody from the moment of that arrest through everything he did. Yet the Met are trying to dismiss the fact of him being a police officer as some sort of irrelevance and play the bad apple card. Utterly vile.

Edited by Dunning1874

Joshua Rosenberg, BBC legal correspondent, on the reasoning of the sentencing today and the likelihood of a whole life order.

https://rozenberg.substack.com/p/will-killer-die-in-prison

Edited - I don’t think he’s actually the BBCs legal correspondent but he is a legal commentator and journalist.

Edited by ICTChris