Sarah Everard

3 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Since your own particular version of the ‘real world’ appears to be stuck in the mid-1970s, good luck in finding someone willing to engage in discussion on that basis. 

Oh, there's always a good few that take the bait, trust me.........

You would assume given recent events that the Met would be keen to reassure the folk of London that they are trustworthy and there to protect them. This feels like they've deliberately set out to make the situation worse, to say it's an own goal doesn't really cut it. 

I think we've seen sufficient evidence over the last couple of years to say for sure that Police in the UK are utterly incompetent when it comes to dealing with large crowds and tend to just shit the nest at the first sign of any sort of situation. The scenes tonight are reminiscent of watching Spanish police deal with a bunch of rowdy English away fans. Whether this is down to a lack of resources of a lack of training i'm not sure, although not unique to UK police to be fair to them. 

Edited by Fratelli

17 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Was expecting the red dots from the usual suspects but I was also sure nobody would discuss my points as they've no argument or indeed comprehension of the real world.

You've not got an argument to have. This is a ridiculous approach to policing such a sensitive event. 

A lot of people were livid that a breach of Covid law was actively facilitated in Glasgow last week so a bunch of pissed up arseholes could have a sing-song. 

This week the police wade into people who 1. Have a decent point to make and 2. Are an easy target. 

In fact, they're as good as making the point that men can but women can't. 

The heavy duty brigade should have been out last week but some were too busy getting their photo taken with the Rangers fans 

Wading in with your predictable 'back in my day' Hovis advert pish and then acting like you're fishing, on a thread about a young woman abducted and murdered at the hands of a Met police officer?

You've had a shocker here.

1 minute ago, HTG said:

You've not got an argument to have. This is a ridiculous approach to policing such a sensitive event. 

A lot of people were livid that a breach of Covid law was actively facilitated in Glasgow last week so a bunch of pissed up arseholes could have a sing-song. 

This week the police wade into people who 1. Have a decent point to make and 2. Are an easy target. 

The heavy duty brigade should have been out last week but some were too busy getting their photo taken with the Rangers fans 

The heavy duty brigade shouldn't have been out *at all*, because it shouldn't exist and it certainly shouldn't be used to enforce coronavirus regulations for outdoor meetups.

You can't thirst for heavy handed policing and then expect that you'll be able to turn the tap on and off as you please. The history of the police tells you that's not how it works.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The candle lit vigil crew are every bit as bad as the Rangers fans, so anyone who condemned them should equally be condemning the actions of those people tonight, putting MET officers life's at risk for no apparent reason.

SHOCKING.

Police Scotland facilitating Sevco celebrations last week - wrong.

Met handcuffing females ostensibly on a peaceful vigil in memory of a victim murdered by one of their own employees - wrong.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Not to mention Princess Kate being allowed to pay her respects when not wearing a face covering. Plod being as effective as Shane Duffy in the Celtic defence during that episode.

Double standards abound.

Perhaps your screaming vitriol should be more appropriately directed elsewhere.

Just now, HTG said:

If you can explain why a bunch of folk standing in a park holding up their mobile phones is going to achieve anything, then I'd like to know, especially in the middle of a pandemic when they've been explicitly told not to do it.

The Police should indeed have acted last week in Scotland, however two wrongs don't make a right.

I think you'll also find that there were many women among the idiotic Rangers hoards, so it's nothing to do with Men can or Women can't etc.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Wading in with your predictable 'back in my day' Hovis advert pish and then acting like you're fishing, on a thread about a young woman abducted and murdered at the hands of a Met police officer?

You've had a shocker here.

It still is my day, I can't help it if you're naive and living a sheltered life.

This is supposed to be a civilised country where we don't do "mob rule" and I hardly think anyone can blame "men", "the met", "the government" just because one psychopathic nut job happens to work for the polis.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It still is my day, I can't help it if you're naive and living a sheltered life.

This is supposed to be a civilised country where we don't do "mob rule" and I hardly think anyone can blame "men", "the met", "the government" just because one psychopathic nut job happens to work for the polis.

So how do you account for that 'psychopathic nut job' being employed by the polis then?

Why wasn't he picked up during the so-called 'vetting procedure'?

43 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Women against Men, Black against White, Old against Young, Woke v Gammon, Gay against Trans, HONESTLY, what's it all about ??, who or what is behind it ?? and what do they aim to achieve other than dividing all parts of society ???

It really is ironic how this era want to be blanket generalising and putting everyone in tidy little compartments when this is the very thing many would say that they're against.

Sadly, life just isn't that simple.

As for "candlelit vigils" , I mean what ??? More American "look at me" crap that has ended up over here like every other cheap import and of course the brain dead social media driven sheep can't get enough of it.

I really do despair........

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Are we not ALL supposed to be staying indoors for our safety ???

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Was expecting the red dots from the usual suspects but I was also sure nobody would discuss my points as they've no argument or indeed comprehension of the real world.

31 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

THIS, in a nutshell.

It's like the so called "woke" brigade seem to be taking their inspiration from the McCarthy witch-hunts .

Now there's irony for you......

28 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No, I'm just sick of all the false crap and faux outrage and shock from the usual suspects.

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The candle lit vigil crew are every bit as bad as the Rangers fans, so anyone who condemned them should equally be condemning the actions of those people tonight, putting MET officers life's at risk for no apparent reason.

SHOCKING.

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If you can explain why a bunch of folk standing in a park holding up their mobile phones is going to achieve anything, then I'd like to know, especially in the middle of a pandemic when they've been explicitly told not to do it.

The Police should indeed have acted last week in Scotland, however two wrongs don't make a right.

I think you'll also find that there were many women among the idiotic Rangers hoards, so it's nothing to do with Men can or Women can't etc.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think I've ever seen a poster make such an utter c**t of themselves in such a short space of time. This during a period on P&B that includes Kilt and Kincy. 

I think what's happened here is that you thought you had a point, made a c**t of it and have been rightly ridiculed for being stuck in the 1970s. You've then decided to double down on it because you're either: 

1. Drunk
  2. As thick as f**k
  3. A monumental creep
  4. All of the above

I'm going No.4

You might be feeling a little attacked as a man right now, but understand there needs to be a seismic shift in attitudes and behaviours towards women. Whether you like it or not.

You talk about living a sheltered life? You have absolutely no idea.

SHOCKING.
Step away from the bottle and the keyboard and call it a night.

1 hour ago, AllSaint said:

Given they are risking their life to deal with illegal gatherings with literally no adherence to social distancing, they are the victims here. 

I was there at Clapham Common this evening (cycled home before nightfall so didn't see it kick off), it was about as socially distanced as you could expect for a mass, impromptu gathering of hundreds of people on account of a police officer being charged with the abduction and murder of a local woman.

Again, the police had the chance to allow a completely peaceful and organised vigil/protest. They and their fascist bully chums at the Home Office decided to try intimidation instead.

Scum of the earth.

I live in hope that as the years go on, that slowly but surely the gammon attitudes of the WATTOOs of this world disappear and the world gets a little better each day. Almost every opinion he’s ever given on here I’ve disagreed with. One of the worst cretins on the site.

12 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I know several serving police officers. The idea that they are bastions of goodness is absurd. It's an open secret that people only join to get some power and that they're of a particularly unpleasant personality type in the first place. .

Really? All the people I know from around my area who joined were good people. Still are as far as I'm aware. 

They all seemed to have a pretty similar reason to joining which was that it was a decent paying job with a good pension if they stuck it out. 

It's not entirely surprising that you'll get dickheads in it, not sure how many police officers there are in the UK but I'd imagine it's allot, and if you have allot of people you're going to have arseholes in there. 

I genuinely can't remember many times where I've spoken to or had dealings with any on duty policemen/women so I can't get on the hype train that they're all c***s. 

8 hours ago, 101 said:

this is an unacceptable way to police such an event. The military police guy (maroon epaulettes) looks like he's spoiling for a fight

Understandable why you thought it might be military police, they do wear red to distinguish them, however that isn't. 

12 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Pretty similar to my school days, although I went to Larkhall Academy so it wasn't too surprising tbh 

Sounds like a good % of schools in Scotland around that era, even down to the bulldozing part. The only driving instructor we had at school would constantly be on his phone texting a younger woman he was having an affair with and on several occasions he showed up drunk for my lessons. A top guy.