Staggies vs Hibees

First half Hibs definitely had the better of the chances and I’ll admit County looked poor first half. But we were completely done out by decisions today. Penalty is honesty baffling; sticks his foot in front of Iacovitti who doesn’t even go for a challenge. Boyle should be off for two bookings and Newell could arguably have been off but ultimately that was late in the game so wouldn’t have had an effect. But second half we created chances but were unlucky. Ultimately Hibs get more chances as we go for the game but I think it’s definitely harsh to blame Yogi for the loss as a hole.

Putting your views on his tactics or team selections aside, and I’ve said this before, it’s hard not to crack a smile when listening to Hughes. He conducts himself very well even when he feels the team have been wronged.

Just saw it for the first time and can’t see where Yogi is coming from. Boyle has been clever in getting in front of the defender to ensure contact but he hasn’t dived. Clear penalty.

Did he dive for his second claim? I think so. Lucky to escape a second yellow. 

13 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Just saw it for the first time and can’t see where Yogi is coming from. Boyle has been clever in getting in front of the defender to ensure contact but he hasn’t dived. Clear penalty.

Did he dive for his second claim? I think so. Lucky to escape a second yellow. 

On the pen, very similar to the one Man City got yesterday. Torres got himself between the defender and the ball, bundled over, penalty.

Struggle to see otherwise there or in Dingwall.

Agree Boyle dived later tho........silly boy.

If I was a tricky winger and I recognised the standard of refs in our country then absolutely I'd fall down every chance I could. The worst standard of officials we've ever had so if you dive 3 times in the box then chances are you'll get 1 pen. Happy days for Hibs but disgraceful decision and could really cost Ross County.

Richard Gordon gave the game away years ago with his gloating at our relegation whilst gushing at Hearts fans donations to keep their club alive. He can GTF as can the rest of the bowling club on Sportsound.

1 minute ago, Cameron1875 said:

If I was a tricky winger and I recognised the standard of refs in our country then absolutely I'd fall down every chance I could. The worst standard of officials we've ever had so if you dive 3 times in the box then chances are you'll get 1 pen. Happy days for Hibs but disgraceful decision and could really cost Ross County.

Richard Gordon gave the game away years ago with his gloating at our relegation whilst gushing at Hearts fans donations to keep their club alive. He can GTF as can the rest of the bowling club on Sportsound.

That Sportsound gang are atrocious, it's cringeworthy listening but as there's so little competition I end up listening to it myself whilst driving.

I've a couple of friends who are Hibs fans and they're pretty pessimistic about how they'll perform on matchday but Hibs looked pretty good yesterday (the diving aside), there's a good squad assembled there and things look on the up.  I'd say the introduction of a good centre half should be the main focus for the summer.  

7 minutes ago, Cameron1875 said:

I think this is shifting the focus of diving away from the players and on to the ineptitude of the referees which is wrong in my opinion.

The decision not to book and send off Boyle after his dive at the second penalty claim is the only criticism you could level at the ref in this situation.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think this is shifting the focus of diving away from the players and on to the ineptitude of the referees which is wrong in my opinion.

The decision not to book and send off Boyle after his dive at the second penalty claim is the only criticism you could level at the ref in this situation.

That's a pretty big, game changing mistake though, Beaton saw it then bottled it.

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

That's a pretty big, game changing mistake though, Beaton saw it then bottled it.

I definitely agree, it was blatantly a bookable offence and his inaction potentially cost County a result, I was more referring to the suggestion that the poor standard of refereeing can be considered an excuse for players to take a dive.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

5 minutes into the match, Beaton booked Gogic for (his first) run of the mill tackle that even RCTV struggled to talk up as a yellow.

For a guy whos entire career is built on snapping at the heels of midfielders he was on eggshells for the next 85 minutes.

If he had subsequently been sent off, would the same levels of angst have been displayed? I doubt it.

Lets not pretend that the only decisions that change matches are those inside the box.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

5 minutes into the match, Beaton booked Gogic for (his first) run of the mill tackle that even RCTV struggled to talk up as a yellow.

For a guy whos entire career is built on snapping at the heels of midfielders he was on eggshells for the next 85 minutes.

If he had subsequently been sent off, would the same levels of angst have been displayed? I doubt it.

Lets not pretend that the only decisions that change matches are those inside the box.

I never suggested the only decisions that change matches are those inside the box, I was responding to a specific point made that looked to somewhat excuse Boyle diving due to the standard of refereeing.

It's a vicious cycle though. The refs are being conned by players cheating. Sure we can blame the refs for not spotting it or if they do spot it they aren't harsh enough (Boyle should have had a 2nd yellow yesterday).

So if a player thinks he can get away with it he should look to cheat the ref because the ref is having one? Sadly its rife up here now. You see players falling all over the pitch looking for fouls and 99% getting them. It's awful to watch.

I'd be expecting Boyle to be cited for the dive tbh but it's too late for County.

I may be wrong, but can you be cited for a dive that wasn’t given as a penalty?

I’ve never seen that happen before and if they start to do it now it’s a total vicious cycle because it happens regularly and isn’t even scrutinised, only reason it has been this time is because he’d already been booked.

Edited by Les Cabbage