Staggies vs Hibees

County are a coin flip as of whether we'll turn up or not. We have seemed to have played well against the "bigger" teams but we got a result last week, so I have no idea. I thought Hibs had tailed off but they've still won four of the last six, so I can't call it.

I'll take a 1-1, keep points ticking onto the total.

Time to call the season on a basis of points per game imho.

For my weekly pointless dose of stats, Dingwall is a place we’ve generally struggled at, discounting the cups we have had 2 wins in 8, drawing 2 and losing 4.

Michael Gardyne has scored against us 4 times for Ross County, Christian Doidge, Oli Shaw and Dominique Malonga are the only Hibs players that have scored against Ross County more than once.

The greats of this world will remember our 2-0 victory up in Dingwall where the great Malonga scored twice, those were the days.

I don’t really fancy us for this but I am a negative b*****d and it’s maybe an inditement of how the past 2 weeks have gone, Jack Ross does tend to have a knack of getting a result after a few bad ones to shut people (including me) up so hopefully we see that this weekend.

From a purely selfish point of view I want a Hibs win here, if only because it'll have Yogi put a rocket up their arses for the game against the farmers the following week.

Edited by Ric

As much as I'd like to see Hylton back in from the start, if JH sticks with 352/532 then I can't see a starting spot for him. Iirc(?) the games against hibs this season we've went 451 so we'll see.

Given we've struggled to back up any win since August I'd be happy with a point. Win would be just smashing.

Come on Ross County.

Help keep Hibs close by, to give this new sexy free-scoring Dons side a chance of pipping them at the post for European glory...........

Edited by tarapoa

13 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Come on Ross County.

Help keep Hibs close by, to give this new sexy free-scoring Dons side a chance of pipping them at the post for European glory...........

Hey, all we County fans asked was that you won against Hamilton last weekend and what did you do?   

I hope you appoint Stephen Glass now, that'll really f**k aberdeen up😂

I'd love for us to stick with the 3-5-2, really gets the best out of Naismith who is the best player at the club by a mile. I wouldn't mind seeing Hylton up with Mckay to try and get behind the hibs defence, but White will more than likely start so we have a decent presence up front. Tillson deserves to keep his place he was good last weekend.

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd love for us to stick with the 3-5-2, really gets the best out of Naismith who is the best player at the club by a mile. I wouldn't mind seeing Hylton up with Mckay to try and get behind the hibs defence, but White will more than likely start so we have a decent presence up front. Tillson deserves to keep his place he was good last weekend.

I'm all for that, 352 with White on the bench.  White was a good introduction as a sub against Hamilton, and had a good game against celtic but he needs put back onto the bench imo.

The way I see it he's a useful impact sub to change things up a bit in the second half, or if there's a particular weakness (as in the celtic match) that's been noticed an worked on to capitalise.  McKay, Shaw, Hylton offer so much more danger to the opposition and running into channels for our own team.

After winning four in a row we’ve gone back to the form that saw us pumped by Livi and County at home over Christmas. I’d be tempted to drop Newell for this and go back to the same midfield that took us on that run of wins. Maybe Nisbet in for Doidge too.

As Ross has said this is a huge game for us in trying to get 3rd, can’t say ive got much faith that he’s going to deliver a result though. 

How has Jackson Irvine been for Hibs, he was a tremendous box to box midfielder for County, always looking for the ball and covered every blade of grass too? This'll be his first game back at Viccy Park, he's a stick on for a goal today.

Cadden on paper looks like a good signing too, how's he shaped up? He was a promising and dangerous right winger when at Motherwell.

My heart says draw, head says 0-2 Hibs for today.

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

How has Jackson Irvine been for Hibs, he was a tremendous box to box midfielder for County, always looking for the ball and covered every blade of grass too? This'll be his first game back at Viccy Park, he's a stick on for a goal today.

Cadden on paper looks like a good signing too, how's he shaped up? He was a promising and dangerous right winger when at Motherwell.

My heart says draw, head says 0-2 Hibs for today.

Pretty good, a massive improvement on Melker fucking Hallberg, maybe not quite as good as I expected him to be based on clips and comments but still a really decent addition.

Caddens been better than expected, such a good engine, strong and good going forward and defensively, the only let down is his final ball which is absolutely rancid, canny have it all though.

Nisbet dropped, honestly what was the point in rejecting £3m for him if we’re not gonna play him, no way we’ll get that type of money for him in the summer.

Would have been tempted to drop Newell, he’s been so poor the past 2 weeks.

Most of the time when I criticise Jack Ross we go on to win so aye, Jack Ross out.

Looks like the same starting XI for County as last week against Killie.  God knows how we managed to get to ht at 1-1 in that game, it was our worst first half display for weeks. I hope to f**k JH does his halftime rant pre-match this week as Hibs will easily rattle 3 past us by ht if we play the same!

Can't believe White is starting again, what does Oli/Hylton need to do to get a chance. Vigurs back on the bench.