Heart of Midlothian vs Ayr United

Just now, itzdrk said:

Do you not think that the managers initial assessment of the squad essentially being OH SHIT is a bit concerning? 

If he'd turned up and said "there's no weaknesses in this squad  and Dario Zanatta is world class" would you have had more confidence in his judgement?

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That was a horrible watch, Hearts played for maybe 15 minutes of the whole game, Ayr seemed to sit back and expect a rampant Hearts performance what didn’t happen.

From and Ayr point of view, defended well for the most part. Muirhead had to defend more and it meant we had no midfield to compete never mind win the battle. 
Final ball was appalling 100% of the time when we did get forward, zero change to the way we played or shape, even after subs were made. 
Felt like we were happy with the draw, then happy to keep the score down.

This, the moment Chalmers came on I mentally conceded that game, I knew Walker wouldn't be far behind either and would make a massive positive difference to Hearts but our first sub was to make ourselves more defensive than we were, at 0-0 and riding our luck, astonishing. 

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If he'd turned up and said "there's no weaknesses in this squad  and Dario Zanatta is world class" would you have had more confidence in his judgement?

It's not like he left Dario out the team, he was on the bench and brought him on! 

Guys, the new manager has stated the objective is to stay in the Championship this season. We need to give him until the end of the season to achieve that. Next season,  the championship will be a more "normal league' with no oversized clubs. so being here is critical.

Hearts are the best team in the league by a margin reflected by their points tally, so let's not judge Hopkin on today. I will say however, that Ian's team would have beaten this Hearts team comfortably at least once this season. Our mistake in losing him can't be changed so let's look to Dundee and Raith.

14 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Mine was perfect apart from 30 seconds at the start.

When they apologised on the commentary they mentioned that it was affecting season ticket holders 

We get the same feed through a different web address so it may be that people who paid the bargain £18.50 price were unaffected 

And you're one of the more positive people on here...

I’m not sure about that but thank you. I didn’t like when the owner said that staying up was the goal. Why sack Kerr then? And replace him with Hopkin? I get that Smith didn’t fancy Kerr (not his pick) but you then can’t say you will support your manager when you’ve just thrown one under the bus.

I’m not sure about that but thank you. I didn’t like when the owner said that staying up was the goal. Why sack Kerr then? And replace him with Hopkin? I get that Smith didn’t fancy Kerr (not his pick) but you then can’t say you will support your manager when you’ve just thrown one under the bus.
Kerr was sacked because the team was destined for relegation under him. wasn't exactly excited by the Hopkin appointment but something had to be done

I thought we played ok and I thought Hopkin got the tactics spot on.  The first goal was the killer, it was a daft foul from Moff and a top class delivery from Irving which their big striker met perfectly, basically it was just a great set piece.

Folk can say what they like about Hearts but they're well clear at the top for a reason, as for us, we will have far better days ahead and I'm extremely confident that we'll stay up.

3 minutes ago, wuffster said:

What are you talking about?

Of course staying up is the goal, because Kerr made a ckusterfuck of the season. 

3 minutes ago, wuffster said:

As Rodders said, we were destined for relegation, you only had to look at the Inverness and Arbroath games. He must think a big deal of Hopkin otherwise he wouldn't have got a contract for 2 years. 

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What are you talking about?

Of course staying up is the goal, because Kerr made a ckusterfuck of the season. 

I think there are only two realistic outcomes for Ayr this season - relegation or a finish just above the bottom two. On that basis, the chairman's target is honest.

I do think our defence looks far stronger with Baird and Ndaba as the central pairing. I think that will save us - if either of them gets injured we are in deep trouble.

Up front we are utterly inept. Walsh was poor today, and Zanatta is hopeless (we were far worse after he came on) - I can only hope that Hopkin realises this now and won't play him again. Maybe if Wright does come back from injury we will be better up front.